By Sheena Barnett Daily Journal TUPELO – It was standing-room only at Winter Jam at the BancorpSouth Arena on Thursday night. No advance tickets are sold for the Christian music festival, so fans began lining up early Thursday morning to make sure they had a seat. A few were turned away after more than […]
Tag Archives | Youth
I remember the very first traffic ticket it ever got. It was for running a stop sign in West Point one summer day in the mid ’70s. The citation basically said pay $37.50 or show up in court and plead your case. I told my father about it when he got home from work that […]
HOUSTON – Aldermen want kids who commit crimes in Houston to be locked up in juvenile detention and then given ankle bracelets – and they are willing to pay to see it done. The Houston Board of Mayor and Alderman met with Chickasaw County Youth Court Judge Richard Bennett Tuesday night and told the […]
WOODLAND – It’s just another reason Woodland is such a neat place to live. The Woodland Mayor’s Youth Council took the initiative just before Christmas to put together gift boxes for local elderly and shut-ins and then delivered each package with a smile. “They came up with this all on their own and then put […]
The City of Houston Park and Recreation department is offering youth basketball this winter and P&R Director, John Gravat, shared his thoughts on the program and supporting quality youth programs in the area. First, I just want to thank God for allowing me to be part of our city and county’s youth and also thank […]
HOUSTON – As voters filed into the civic center in Houston to cast their ballots, they had to chose a party affiliation and then locate their ward. The civic center was filled with tables designating wards and plenty of poll workers were on hand to assist. This year, several new faces were in place as […]
WOODLAND – There is a saying in politics that wise leaders gather young people around you because youth doesn’t know it can’t be done. The village of Woodland has formed a Mayor’s Youth Council that recently attended the Mississippi Municipal League Statewide Youth Leadership Summit held March 1-2 in Hattiesburg and has returned home looking […]
Houston will honor its very best next month at the Chickasaw Development Foundation/Main Street annual banquet and meeting. The economic development event is slated for 6:30 p.m. April 4 at the First United Methodist Church on North Jackson Street. “Community awards will be presented to deserving persons and companies,” said Joyce East, CDF Executive Director. […]
- Trustees consider search consultant January 22, 2015
- Houston ponders tourism tax January 26, 2015
- Comer is chairman of ICC Trustees January 26, 2015
- Battle of Okolona re-enactment set January 27, 2015
- United needs to fill 300 jobs – quickly January 27, 2015
- EDITORIAL: A tough job January 29, 2015
- County seeks to refinance jail bonds January 29, 2015
- Locals serve on Indian Delegation January 28, 2015
- State Auditor recovers $70,000 For City of Greenville January 28, 2015
- NEMCC students nominated to Who’s Who. January 27, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...