By Lisa Voyles Chickasaw Journal WOODLAND – Woodland may be small in population and area but it is big on heart and helping hands. The community has always been close-knit and looks out for their own and now they are growing the next generation of service-oriented residents right at home. Mayor Patti Watkins had hopes […]
Tag Archives | Youth
HOUSTON – The community will honor its very best next week at the Chickasaw Development Foundation annual banquet and meeting. The economic development event is slated for 6:30 p.m. March 25 at the First United Methodist Church, Family Life Center on North Jackson Street. “This is always one of the highlights of the year for […]
By Sheena Barnett Daily Journal TUPELO – It was standing-room only at Winter Jam at the BancorpSouth Arena on Thursday night. No advance tickets are sold for the Christian music festival, so fans began lining up early Thursday morning to make sure they had a seat. A few were turned away after more than […]
I remember the very first traffic ticket it ever got. It was for running a stop sign in West Point one summer day in the mid ’70s. The citation basically said pay $37.50 or show up in court and plead your case. I told my father about it when he got home from work that […]
HOUSTON – Aldermen want kids who commit crimes in Houston to be locked up in juvenile detention and then given ankle bracelets – and they are willing to pay to see it done. The Houston Board of Mayor and Alderman met with Chickasaw County Youth Court Judge Richard Bennett Tuesday night and told the […]
WOODLAND – It’s just another reason Woodland is such a neat place to live. The Woodland Mayor’s Youth Council took the initiative just before Christmas to put together gift boxes for local elderly and shut-ins and then delivered each package with a smile. “They came up with this all on their own and then put […]
The City of Houston Park and Recreation department is offering youth basketball this winter and P&R Director, John Gravat, shared his thoughts on the program and supporting quality youth programs in the area. First, I just want to thank God for allowing me to be part of our city and county’s youth and also thank […]
HOUSTON – As voters filed into the civic center in Houston to cast their ballots, they had to chose a party affiliation and then locate their ward. The civic center was filled with tables designating wards and plenty of poll workers were on hand to assist. This year, several new faces were in place as […]
WOODLAND – There is a saying in politics that wise leaders gather young people around you because youth doesn’t know it can’t be done. The village of Woodland has formed a Mayor’s Youth Council that recently attended the Mississippi Municipal League Statewide Youth Leadership Summit held March 1-2 in Hattiesburg and has returned home looking […]
Houston will honor its very best next month at the Chickasaw Development Foundation/Main Street annual banquet and meeting. The economic development event is slated for 6:30 p.m. April 4 at the First United Methodist Church on North Jackson Street. “Community awards will be presented to deserving persons and companies,” said Joyce East, CDF Executive Director. […]
- Glenda Gann April 23, 2014
- Cleo Boyce April 22, 2014
- Okolona cracks down on city travel April 22, 2014
- Manufacturing event set for Franklin Furniture Center at MSU April 21, 2014
- Pink ribbon run Saturday April 21, 2014
- Glenda Gann April 23, 2014
- Amber Alert issued for missing 2-year-old Lowndes County girl April 23, 2014
- Lions snatch victory from Wildcats April 23, 2014
- Houston hosts a who? April 23, 2014
- Paying it forward April 23, 2014
- help: They treat their employees like they are slaves wo...
- William: This is best content site Deer archery....
- Marathon set for Tanglefoot Trail | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Trail opening was top story for 2013 [...
- Tickets issued for dogs in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Robertson speaks to Okolona Aldermen [...
- DOCKET: Circuit Court in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Circuit Court verdicts imposed in Okolon...