March 20 is the first day of Spring and if the sun is shining we will all get that primordial urge to clear, dig and plant. Women have conducted Spring cleaning in this community since pioneer days when their ancestors heralded the first warm weather as a sign to wash, sweep and clear the house […]
Tag Archives | Yard
HOUSTON – The city is seeking to cut costs and may ask homeowners to cut their yards out to the street next spring. The Houston Board of Aldermen discussed a proposal last week that would require property owners to be responsible for the upkeep of property in front of their home and also to mow […]
I have noticed a lot of toilet paper in the trees around Houston this fall. The paper is way up high in some of those trees and probably couldn’t have blown up there. The lower branches are heavily draped and it’s obvious that paper didn’t simply fall from the sky My guess is birds flying […]
The summer home improvement project is complete! Ok, so that’s a tiny little fib. It’s not quite complete but it’s close enough to count and mark off the list. Our summer project was to paint the outside of our house, facia board, wood trim, shutters and doors. We started this right after school was out […]
HOUSTON – The front yard is neat and trim, but it is Mark and Lisa McCary’s backyard that shows their love of home and neighborhood. The older clapboard home at 555 South Jackson sports a St. Augustine lawn and manicured shrubbery, but it is the backyard — complete with pool and a water garden […]
- FLOYD INGRAM: A man with a gun November 20, 2015
- Mennonite conference bringing influx of visitors to downtown Tupelo November 25, 2015
- FBI to investigate incident at Ole Miss game November 25, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Shop local November 26, 2015
- County upgrades fingerprint machine November 26, 2015
- Chieftains roll over the Panthers November 27, 2015
- Okolona test scores improve November 27, 2015
- Houlka races past Hilltoppers November 26, 2015
- Topper season finale November 26, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: A reason to be thankful November 26, 2015
- Harvey Birdman, Esq.: You're going to rely on 90's era litigation in o...
- Firebug2006: "What will be law here, is an impossibly, deliber...
- Harvey Birdman, Esq.: The petition suggests a phase-in period, but the p...
- Nancy Young: Thank you for your lifelong support of public educ...
- DENICE ANNA CONEY: Just what I was looking for. That helped me a lot....