March 20 is the first day of Spring and if the sun is shining we will all get that primordial urge to clear, dig and plant. Women have conducted Spring cleaning in this community since pioneer days when their ancestors heralded the first warm weather as a sign to wash, sweep and clear the house […]
Tag Archives | Yard
HOUSTON – The city is seeking to cut costs and may ask homeowners to cut their yards out to the street next spring. The Houston Board of Aldermen discussed a proposal last week that would require property owners to be responsible for the upkeep of property in front of their home and also to mow […]
I have noticed a lot of toilet paper in the trees around Houston this fall. The paper is way up high in some of those trees and probably couldn’t have blown up there. The lower branches are heavily draped and it’s obvious that paper didn’t simply fall from the sky My guess is birds flying […]
The summer home improvement project is complete! Ok, so that’s a tiny little fib. It’s not quite complete but it’s close enough to count and mark off the list. Our summer project was to paint the outside of our house, facia board, wood trim, shutters and doors. We started this right after school was out […]
HOUSTON – The front yard is neat and trim, but it is Mark and Lisa McCary’s backyard that shows their love of home and neighborhood. The older clapboard home at 555 South Jackson sports a St. Augustine lawn and manicured shrubbery, but it is the backyard — complete with pool and a water garden […]
- Flywheel Festival set for Sept. 26-27 August 26, 2014
- This is the way we roll! August 29, 2014
- Volunteer and make a difference August 29, 2014
- Lady Tigers accept ALS challenge. August 30, 2014
- THOMPSON: Paying at the pump August 30, 2014
- CUNNINGHAM: Common Core linked to federal dollars September 1, 2014
- Hands of Hope September 1, 2014
- BRASSFIELD: Thank you Chickasaw County! August 31, 2014
- ALLEN: First day at new job August 31, 2014
- Jori Abi Boston August 31, 2014
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...