Special to the Chickaaw Journal Three fatalities on Northeast Mississippi highways were all the traffic deaths reported across the state for the four-day Thanksgiving holiday weekend. The latest fatality was Bobbie Malone, 70, of Houston, who died in a two-vehicle crash Sunday on Highway 15 in Chickasaw County. On Thanksgiving Day, a two vehicle crash […]
Tag Archives | Wreck
CHICKASAW COUNTY – A man and a child were hurt in a one-vehicle accident that saw a car run off the road, flip and then catch fire. The Chickasaw County Sheriff’s Department was called to County Road 406 in Trebloc last week with the driver airlifted to North Mississippi Medical Center and an 8-year-old male […]
GUNTOWN – Anniston Jade Harlow, 3-years-old, passed away Wednesday, Jan. 22, 2014, at LeBonheur Children’s Medical Center from injuries sustained in an automobile accident on Sunday, Jan. 12, 2014. She was born May 8, 2010, to Spencer Harlow and Mikki Smith. She was a sassy, high spirited little girl who always had a sweet smile […]
HOUSTON – An kitchen fire at a home on Second Avenue heavily damaged the home and kept firefighters on the scene about an hour before they got it out cold. The blaze was reported by a neighbor and the Houston Fire Department was dispatched at 5:50 p.m. Thursday with smoke and flames reported when […]
HOUSTON – A single car accident Saturday seriously injured a Pontotoc man, prompting him to be airlifted to Tupelo. Houston police, fire and ambulance crews were dispatched to the western end of Jamison Street at 8:34 p.m. Saturday after a neighbor heard the crash and called 911. “When we got on the scene we found […]
HOUSTON – One of the first fatalities of the Mississippi Fourth of July holiday was reported in Chickasaw County Wednesday afternoon. The accident occurred about 3 p.m. at the intersection of Egypt Road and Highway 45A in eastern Chickasaw County when a southbound pickup slammed into the rear wheels of an 18-wheeler that was attempting […]
VAN VLEET – A Houston man was airlifted after colliding with a log truck in Chickasaw County on Tuesday. According to Mississippi Highway Patrol Cpl. Chris Turnipseed, Ronald Johnson, 47, of Houston, was driving a Toyota Camry eastbound on Highway 32 near Ross Hill around 5 p.m. when he said he fell asleep and his […]
by JB Clark Daily Journal PONTOTOC COUNTY – Two remain in critical care at the North Mississippi Medical Center after a head on collision on the Natchez Trace Tuesday. Chief Ranger Sarah Davis said evidence and witnesses reports show the driver of a 2002 Infinity was traveling north on the Natchez Trace when she crossed […]
From Staff Reports PONTOTOC COUNTY – Three Chickasaw County young men were hurt in a one-vehicle accident Tuesday night on a rural road just inside Pontotoc County. Pontotoc County Sheriff Leo Mask said the Chevrolet pickup truck the three were riding in was northbound on Wallfield Road near Gershorn Church when the driver apparently […]
HOUSTON – An 18-wheeler just leaving a local factory on its way to California tipped over about miles out of town Tuesday night. The tractor-trailer had just left International Paper and was southbound on Highway 15 on its way to Los Angeles with a load of cardboard when it failed to negotiate the curve at […]
- 1975 Grand Slam Champions February 22, 2015
- School, business, industry and institution closing February 25, 2015
- Weather prompts outages, closings, curfews February 26, 2015
- Winter lingers in Chickasaw County February 27, 2015
- PREP BASKETBALL PLAYOFFS: Houlka and Okolona still dancing February 27, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: God given rights February 28, 2015
- GOP federal prosecutor to challenge Hood for AG February 27, 2015
- Agri-Center shaping up February 27, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: Quality of life February 27, 2015
- Houlka smashes Smithville, falls to Coffeeville February 27, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...