By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Jackson Bureau JACKSON – One-third of Mississippi state government’s workforce will be eligible for retirement in the next five years. Deanne Mosley, executive director of the state Personnel Board, said the employees nearing retirement age are many of the state’s leaders and supervisors. “They have an incredible amount of […]
Tag Archives | workforce
HOUSTON – Robotics, lightning-fast logistics, computers and measurements down to thousandths-of-an-inch may make it sound like a high-tech, Silicon Valley company, but it really does happen at International Paper in Houston. The local plant makes cardboard boxes – and lots of them – so the process is fast-paced, high-tech and computer-driven. And they can print […]
- Parents can be fined for truancy July 30, 2014
- Houlka Attendance Center engulfed by fire (w/video) July 30, 2014
- Mississippi’s best and brightest July 31, 2014
- EDITORIAL: Fourteen in a row! July 31, 2014
- FLOYD INGRAM: What I like about Houston July 31, 2014
- Magnolia Fest blooms in Okolona August 1, 2014
- Fall Fun Day seeks volunteers August 1, 2014
- County seeks bids August 1, 2014
- Crime Roundup July 31, 2014
- Lonnie Whitt remembered as man who served. July 31, 2014
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...
- Michael Mcalpin: So glad to have this service back locally....
- Pat Burgess: Congratulations to Jim for the award and for all t...
- Chip Ingram: My son Daniel was given a Bobbie Gentry album by ...