HOUSTON – Jane Woods McGregor, 75, died Thursday, Aug. 1, 2013, at Community Hospice Darlington Oaks in Verona after a long illness. She was born Jan. 21, 1938, in Jackson to R.L. Woods and Martha Crawford Woods. She was a graduate of I.A.H.S. in Fulton. She received her B.S. degree from Mississippi State University and […]
Tag Archives | Woods
TUPELO – The Lee County School District filled its principal vacancy at Shannon Middle School on Tuesday, hiring Okolona Elementary Principal Barry Woods. Woods will replace Ida Brand, who had announced her decision to retire on June 27. Brand was actually the principal at Shannon Elementary last year and was transferred to SMS this summer […]
OKOLONA – Trustees hired Dexter Green as the new superintendent of Okolona School District at a special called meeting Monday. Green is expected to fill the superintendent’s post on April 1 and will be the district’s first superintendent since it was placed under state control more than three years ago. Okolona trustees had voted to […]
OKOLONA – Dr. Jerry Woods has told the Okolona School Board he will not take the district’s top post, prompting the board to meet with their second choice on Monday. Woods was offered the job of Superintendent of the Okolona School District Sunday afternoon following a community interview and vote by the Okolona School Board. […]
The news came fast and quick around here this past week. A wreck involving three young men, the naming of a school superintendent in Okolona, the opening of Circuit Court Monday and a fire at a friends house that same day. Couple that with a long list of fun things to do at the Ingram […]
One of the biggest decisions for the future of education in Okolona and Chickasaw County was made Sunday with the naming of Dr. Jerry Woods as the Superintendent of Okolona School District. Dr. Woods’ education and professional experience lead us to believe at this early stage he is the right man for the job. […]
OKOLONA – Dr. Jerry Woods is the new Superintendent of the Okolona School District following a community interview and vote by the Okolona School Board Sunday afternoon. Woods, currently a scholastic auditor for the State of Arkansas, brings experience as superintendent at three school districts, a 25-year career in education and a Doctorate of Curriculum […]
TUPELO – Marie Woods, 85, died Monday, Feb. 25, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center after an extended illness. She was born Jan. 26, 1928, in Memphis to William Elihu and Lucy Smith Stewart. She was a resident of Tupelo since 1963. She married Travis W. “Woody” Woods who preceded her in death May 30, […]
- WEDDING: Booth/Schlicht July 26, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Who deserves your vote? July 30, 2015
- County will keep inmates for free July 30, 2015
- Run right! Go long! July 30, 2015
- Woman charged with trying to sell her baby July 30, 2015
- Mayors takes issue with column August 1, 2015
- Wake up America, move forward August 1, 2015
- NCAA charges Southern Miss, Tyndall August 1, 2015
- Houlka aldermen updated on water, sewer issues July 31, 2015
- Man arrested following assault with knife July 31, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...