I’ve seen your names in the paper. I’ve seen your lovely faces smiling at us from the pages of our Lifestyles section. And I guess there is really nothing I can say to stop you, if your heart and mind are already made up about this marriage thing. Now, I’m not one of those who […]
Tag Archives | women
We celebrate Mother’s Day on Sunday. Preacher will extoll the virtues of mothers on Sunday and come back in a few weeks and beat up on men on Father’s Day. Such is Southern culture. Such is the fact that good women can bring out the best in good men. First there was the woman who […]
All of us have watched with interest the legal wranglings of the George Zimmerman trial and a little closer to home the latest filings of our very own Attorney General Jim Hood concerning Mississippi’s new open-carry law. As a hunter, reporter, husband, father and red-blooded American, I have to say I am a little concerned […]
Warren promotes positive lifestyle at work and home Editor’s Note: This is the fourth of four articles on area women making a difference in their community. HOULKA – Home is where the heart is and Chandra Warren’s heart is at home in Houlka. “I love it, I love Houlka,” Warren said. “I wish […]
Ivy manages different hats in home town Editor’s Note: This is the third of four articles on area women making a difference in their community. OKOLONA – For Stelle Ivy, Okolona is the place to be. “I was born and raised here, graduated in 1973,” Ivy said of her home town. After attending […]
Work never stops for stay-at-home mom Editor’s Note: This is the first of four articles on area women making a difference in their community. HOUSTON – Stay-at-home mom is a career most women look toward with envy, but like any job it’s a lot of hard work and there are days you wish […]
HOUSTON – Chickasaw County native and Mississippi Attorney General Jim Hood will speak at the Mississippi Fallen Officers Memorial Service set for May 16 at Fair Park in Tupelo. The service is held at different locations and this marks the 15th year for the ceremony that will see all 98 names of fallen law enforcement […]
Paul A man once said, “I wish there were instructions that came with having children.” My friend, there are instructions and they are in the Bible. There are answers for every thing that we need to know about raising a family, if only we would go back to the Bible. In raising children, the first […]
- Houston investigates racial slur October 24, 2014
- Art in the Park October 27, 2014
- McClain earns Sonic’s Hall of Fame award October 28, 2014
- DAR: Patriotism, God and country October 28, 2014
- Sweater drive underway October 29, 2014
- Wildcats fall to Biggersville October 30, 2014
- Houston eyes playoffs October 30, 2014
- FLOYD INGRAM: Houston isn’t a bad place to live October 30, 2014
- Trustees, Senator, judges on ballot October 30, 2014
- MOLLY MAY NAMED ICC HOMECOMING QUEEN October 29, 2014
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...