Special to the Chickasaw Journal Kasey DeAnna Russell and Forrest Taylor Willis, both of Calhoun City, are proud to announce the birth of their son, Forrest Alexander Willis. Young Forrest was born July 7, 2015 at the University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson and weighed three-pounds, nine-ounces and was 15-1/2 inches […]
Tag Archives | Willis
HOUSTON – Chickasaw County Circuit Clerk Sandra Willis died Sunday after a bout with cancer and is being remembered by the community as a firm, caring teacher and efficient county official. A special moment of silence was held on the opening day of Circuit Court at the Chickasaw County Courthouse in Houston Monday morning where […]
SHERMAN – Frances Ruth Ballard Bruce, 78, died Friday, May 9, 2014, at her residence in Sherman. She was born Feb. 2, 1936, in Okolona to Ernest Carl Ballard and Mary Inez Willis Ballard. She lived in the Dallas, Texas, area many years before returning to her native Northeast Mississippi 32 years ago. Her working […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – Local school districts have traditionally handled their own school board elections at various times, but a new state law makes it a countywide event in November this year. “They used to conduct their own elections with their own people and everything,” said Chickasaw County Circuit Clerk Sandra Willis. “That won’t be […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – A new state law requires voters to be able to identify themselves to poll-workers and has prompted a new photo ID card to be be made available from local circuit clerks. The new technology and equipment were provided to the Chickasaw County Circuit Clerk’s office earlier this year and went on-line […]
WHITFIELD – Timothy Willis, 53, died Tuesday, Feb. 11, 2014, at Mississippi State Hospital at Whitfield. A native of Calhoun County, he was the son of Frank Silas Sr. and Annie Mae Willis. Services will be 2:30 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 15, at Pontotoc Second Baptist Church. Elder Glenn Huggins will officiate. Burial will be in […]
Open letter to the Houston Fire Department, Thank you, thank you, thank you for saving the Willis family from our own stupid mistakes. You saved our Christmas season! So naturally you were the topic of conversation at our Christmas gatherings. Relief washed over us when all those big red fire trucks arrived. Your prompt, professional […]
HOUSTON – They call it The Square. There are many towns in Northeast Mississippi built on a square but few rival the beauty and visionary design of Houston. “Houston’s downtown was laid out by our founder, Mr. (Joel) Pinson, who was also a surveyor,” said Joyce East, executive director of Historic Hometown Houston. “The square […]
- Group digruntled by principal change April 22, 2016
- Hamby recognized for driving safety April 27, 2016
- FAFSA Fridays April 27, 2016
- Lady Hilltoppers crush Yazoo April 27, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- NFL DRAFT: Tunsil falls to Miami in coach pay scandal, Jones misses 1st Round April 29, 2016
- Magazine available to community April 29, 2016
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Drug disposal day is Saturday April 28, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...