HOUSTON – Brecker Johnson, 39, pled guilty to the reduced charge of manslaughter and was sentenced as a habitual offender to 20-years with no opportunity for parole by Chickasaw County Circuit Court Judge Robert Elliott Monday. Johnson had initially been charged with the murder of John L. Wofford, who was stabbed at their Woodland residence […]
Tag Archives | Will
HOUSTON – A Chickasaw County man has been charged with murder and could face arson charges stemming from two incidents just east of the Natchez Trace on Highway 8 Sunday morning. Authorities were initially called to a report of a car on fire near Pumphrey’s Grocery about 5:30 a.m., and their investigation led to a […]
Will Miller checks a snare he set in hopes of trapping a wild hog in Western Clay County. The wild hog population in Clay County has grown exponentially within the past decade. Wild hogs, sometimes referred to as feral pigs, are swine that were once domesticated and were released or escaped into the wild. (AP […]
- Pearson to be honored by state October 22, 2014
- Futral hired as Houston City Clerk October 21, 2014
- County revisits dog law October 17, 2014
- Public wants access to school facilities October 23, 2014
- Houston clicks on all cylinders October 23, 2014
- Field day planned for forages, beef October 24, 2014
- Crash ruptures gas line, blocks traffic on Hwy. 8 October 24, 2014
- Hebron downs Central Academy, 38-6 October 24, 2014
- FLOYD INGRAM: Sticks and stones . . . October 24, 2014
- Houston investigates racial slur October 24, 2014
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...