HOUSTON – Brecker Johnson, 39, pled guilty to the reduced charge of manslaughter and was sentenced as a habitual offender to 20-years with no opportunity for parole by Chickasaw County Circuit Court Judge Robert Elliott Monday. Johnson had initially been charged with the murder of John L. Wofford, who was stabbed at their Woodland residence […]
Tag Archives | Will
HOUSTON – A Chickasaw County man has been charged with murder and could face arson charges stemming from two incidents just east of the Natchez Trace on Highway 8 Sunday morning. Authorities were initially called to a report of a car on fire near Pumphrey’s Grocery about 5:30 a.m., and their investigation led to a […]
Will Miller checks a snare he set in hopes of trapping a wild hog in Western Clay County. The wild hog population in Clay County has grown exponentially within the past decade. Wild hogs, sometimes referred to as feral pigs, are swine that were once domesticated and were released or escaped into the wild. (AP […]
- Color For A Cause seeks runners August 20, 2014
- Mobile Vet Center coming to Houston August 21, 2014
- City Clerk resumes reviewed August 18, 2014
- Enon Hunt Club to host sheet shoot August 21, 2014
- EDITORIAL: Eyes and ears August 21, 2014
- Houston duo named Showcase MVPs August 23, 2014
- Color For A Cause is Saturday August 22, 2014
- CUNNINGHAM: Developing Common Core standards August 22, 2014
- Okolona school bond vote is Tuesday August 22, 2014
- WEEK ONE: High school football schedules August 21, 2014
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...