HOULKA – The Chickasaw County School Board has repeatedly looked at ways to build a football field for the Wildcats and looked close to having a home field for Houlka this fall. But costs to build a field and finding property big enough and close enough to the school to handle the venue have […]
Tag Archives | wildcats
HOULKA – The Chickasaw County School Board wants a football field but may not have the room to expand as the program grows. Trustees discussed how the proposed football field behind the city’s baseball field off of Highway 32 may not be big enough for a field house, football field and practice field. “You usually […]
It’s not much more than a nice flat, field away from pine trees and powerlines. But to the residents of Houlka it will become the center of their community next fall. The Houlka Wildcat football team hope to play their first home game in Houlka next fall and after four years of traveling to play […]
By GENE PHELPS Daily Journal HOULKA — Houlka High School football coach Rob Allen, who was beginning his sixth season, has resigned. The Wildcats, 2-9 last year, lost Friday night in the their season opener to East Union, 40-6. “I wish I could discuss it, but I really can’t,” said Allen, who has been the […]
HOULKA – Jerry Seago will be the new principal at Houlka High School this fall and his first day of work was Monday. Seago, 45, was named by the Chickasaw County School Board as the high school’s new leader and has 10-years of administrative experience in districts across Northeast Mississippi. “He was very knowledgeable in […]
TREMONT – The Houlka Wildcats held off a late surge from Tremont on Friday night for a 54-48 victory in the Division 4-1A tournament championship game. Lewis Moore led the Wildcats with 14 points as Houlka fell behind early but shut out the Eagles in the second quarter to build as much as a 13-point […]
- Parents can be fined for truancy July 30, 2014
- Emergency July 24, 2014
- Horn/Jones July 27, 2014
- Cherry/Dendy July 27, 2014
- This story has a ring to it July 28, 2014
- What I like about Houston July 31, 2014
- Fourteen in a row! July 31, 2014
- Mississippi’s best and brightest July 31, 2014
- Houlka Attendance Center engulfed by fire (w/video) July 30, 2014
- Area school dress code policies July 30, 2014
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...
- Michael Mcalpin: So glad to have this service back locally....
- Pat Burgess: Congratulations to Jim for the award and for all t...
- Chip Ingram: My son Daniel was given a Bobbie Gentry album by ...