By Brandon Speck Daily Journal HAMILTON – Madarius Hobson outscored Smithville. The Houlka freshman’s 23 points: one more than the Seminoles in a less-than-dramatic 83-22 win in Thursday’s Division 4-1A semifinals. Who knows how far Houlka (23-4) will go, but Smithville and the rest of Class 1A knows the Wildcats are serious about the journey […]
Tag Archives | wildcats
By Gene Phelps Special to the Chickasaw Journal VARDAMAN – Madarius Hobson hit a little bit of everything in his offensive arsenal Tuesday, but he was still held under his 23-points-per-game average. Houlka’s multi-talented 6-foot-1 freshman guard scored all 21 of his points in a lopsided first quarter to lead the Wildcats (15-4, 1-0) to […]
AREA SCORES Friday Aberdeen 41, Nettleton 0 Baldwyn 45, Mantachie 14 Biggersville 20, Vardaman 14 Booneville 55, Alcorn Central 6 Briarfield, La. 52, Calhoun Aca. 36 Caledonia 28, Houston 27 Calhoun City 56, Bruce 15 Corinth 49, Pontotoc 14 E. Webster 31, Okolona 22 Falkner 19, Thrasher 12 Grenada 14, Tupelo 11 Hamilton 46, Houlka […]
HOULKA – The Chickasaw County School Board has repeatedly looked at ways to build a football field for the Wildcats and looked close to having a home field for Houlka this fall. But costs to build a field and finding property big enough and close enough to the school to handle the venue have […]
HOULKA – The Chickasaw County School Board wants a football field but may not have the room to expand as the program grows. Trustees discussed how the proposed football field behind the city’s baseball field off of Highway 32 may not be big enough for a field house, football field and practice field. “You usually […]
It’s not much more than a nice flat, field away from pine trees and powerlines. But to the residents of Houlka it will become the center of their community next fall. The Houlka Wildcat football team hope to play their first home game in Houlka next fall and after four years of traveling to play […]
By GENE PHELPS Daily Journal HOULKA — Houlka High School football coach Rob Allen, who was beginning his sixth season, has resigned. The Wildcats, 2-9 last year, lost Friday night in the their season opener to East Union, 40-6. “I wish I could discuss it, but I really can’t,” said Allen, who has been the […]
HOULKA – Jerry Seago will be the new principal at Houlka High School this fall and his first day of work was Monday. Seago, 45, was named by the Chickasaw County School Board as the high school’s new leader and has 10-years of administrative experience in districts across Northeast Mississippi. “He was very knowledgeable in […]
TREMONT – The Houlka Wildcats held off a late surge from Tremont on Friday night for a 54-48 victory in the Division 4-1A tournament championship game. Lewis Moore led the Wildcats with 14 points as Houlka fell behind early but shut out the Eagles in the second quarter to build as much as a 13-point […]
- 1975 Grand Slam Champions February 22, 2015
- School, business, industry and institution closing February 25, 2015
- Weather prompts outages, closings, curfews February 26, 2015
- Winter lingers in Chickasaw County February 27, 2015
- PREP BASKETBALL PLAYOFFS: Houlka and Okolona still dancing February 27, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: God given rights February 28, 2015
- GOP federal prosecutor to challenge Hood for AG February 27, 2015
- Agri-Center shaping up February 27, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: Quality of life February 27, 2015
- Houlka smashes Smithville, falls to Coffeeville February 27, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...