By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOULKA – The Houlka Wildcats came on strong this spring and went three-rounds deep into the MHSAA Baseball Playoffs before falling to Smithville last week. The Wildcats fell in two games to a strong Smithville team with a 6-14 loss on Tuesday and the season ending 3-7 […]
Tag Archives | wildcats
By Melissa Meador Monroe Journal SMITHVILLE – Smithville is hitting its offensive stride deep in the playoffs. The defending champ Noles pounded out double-digit runs for the second game in a row, grabbing a 14-6 win over Houlka to start out 1-0 in their Class 1A baseball semifinal series. “Today our hitting came around just […]
HOULKA – The Robo Wildcats may be rookies, but they won big in the recent FIRST Tech Challenge against veteran competition. The group of Houlka High School students planned, designed, presented their project and took home a basket full of trophies with a robot that rolled into the competition, picked up plastic balls and dropped […]
By Brandon Speck Daily Journal HAMILTON – Madarius Hobson outscored Smithville. The Houlka freshman’s 23 points: one more than the Seminoles in a less-than-dramatic 83-22 win in Thursday’s Division 4-1A semifinals. Who knows how far Houlka (23-4) will go, but Smithville and the rest of Class 1A knows the Wildcats are serious about the journey […]
By Gene Phelps Special to the Chickasaw Journal VARDAMAN – Madarius Hobson hit a little bit of everything in his offensive arsenal Tuesday, but he was still held under his 23-points-per-game average. Houlka’s multi-talented 6-foot-1 freshman guard scored all 21 of his points in a lopsided first quarter to lead the Wildcats (15-4, 1-0) to […]
AREA SCORES Friday Aberdeen 41, Nettleton 0 Baldwyn 45, Mantachie 14 Biggersville 20, Vardaman 14 Booneville 55, Alcorn Central 6 Briarfield, La. 52, Calhoun Aca. 36 Caledonia 28, Houston 27 Calhoun City 56, Bruce 15 Corinth 49, Pontotoc 14 E. Webster 31, Okolona 22 Falkner 19, Thrasher 12 Grenada 14, Tupelo 11 Hamilton 46, Houlka […]
HOULKA – The Chickasaw County School Board has repeatedly looked at ways to build a football field for the Wildcats and looked close to having a home field for Houlka this fall. But costs to build a field and finding property big enough and close enough to the school to handle the venue have […]
HOULKA – The Chickasaw County School Board wants a football field but may not have the room to expand as the program grows. Trustees discussed how the proposed football field behind the city’s baseball field off of Highway 32 may not be big enough for a field house, football field and practice field. “You usually […]
It’s not much more than a nice flat, field away from pine trees and powerlines. But to the residents of Houlka it will become the center of their community next fall. The Houlka Wildcat football team hope to play their first home game in Houlka next fall and after four years of traveling to play […]
By GENE PHELPS Daily Journal HOULKA — Houlka High School football coach Rob Allen, who was beginning his sixth season, has resigned. The Wildcats, 2-9 last year, lost Friday night in the their season opener to East Union, 40-6. “I wish I could discuss it, but I really can’t,” said Allen, who has been the […]
HOULKA – Jerry Seago will be the new principal at Houlka High School this fall and his first day of work was Monday. Seago, 45, was named by the Chickasaw County School Board as the high school’s new leader and has 10-years of administrative experience in districts across Northeast Mississippi. “He was very knowledgeable in […]
TREMONT – The Houlka Wildcats held off a late surge from Tremont on Friday night for a 54-48 victory in the Division 4-1A tournament championship game. Lewis Moore led the Wildcats with 14 points as Houlka fell behind early but shut out the Eagles in the second quarter to build as much as a 13-point […]
- CRIME ROUNDUP: Houston resident arrested for sexual assault May 16, 2015
- Blissard is 4A state tennis champ May 19, 2015
- COPES: Super Moms honored May 20, 2015
- HELP WANTED: Mentors, volunteers sought for COPES May 20, 2015
- Big fish, big smile May 20, 2015
- Houlka Homecoming 2015 is this weekend May 22, 2015
- Houston aldermen discuss Park & Recreation funds May 22, 2015
- East Webster toppled by inside-the-park HR in Game Two May 21, 2015
- Okolona graduates urged to excel May 21, 2015
- Police seek Dollar General bandit May 21, 2015
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...