By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal COOBER PEDY, Australia – The Sun has not gone down on Sundancer. A mix-up on the part of the World Solar Car Challenge judges initially showed, Sundancer, the Houston Solar Car was out of the race across Australia the middle of this week. “We were never out of the race,” […]
Tag Archives | Whitt
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Fourteen students stepped onto a big yellow school bus Wednesday afternoon, Oct. 7, for the first leg of a trip that had them chasing the Sun west to Australia to compete in the World Solar Car Challenge. The Houston Solar Car has won 14 national solar car […]
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Fourteen students stepped onto a big yellow school bus Wednesday afternoon for the first leg of a trip that has them chasing the sun west to Australia to compete in the World Solar Car Challenge. The Houston Solar Car has won 14 national solar car races in a […]
PHEBA – Hebron Christian welcomed their district foe and undefeated Central Academy Vikings to Homecoming Friday night named their queen and claimed the victory. Miss Hali Whitt was crowned Homecoming Queen and the Eagles took the field with Landon Hill taking the opening kickoff 75 yards for the touchdown. A Collin Moore run for the […]
HOUSTON – Those who knew Lonnie Whitt remember him as a man who served his church, community and others. Whitt, 76, owner of Houston Monument Company, a former city alderman, county supervisor and basketball referee, died Saturday night after a bout with cancer. His funeral was at 2 p.m. Tuesday at Houston First Baptist Church. […]
HOUSTON – Houston High School has released the honor roll for the academic year. Ninth Grade Superintendent’s List Sandy Garner, Rodrigo Hernandez, Malik Lawrence and Alex Springer. Ninth Grade Principal’s List Austin Barfield, Caroline Blakenship, Maggie Flatt, Tori Graves, Trey Griggs, Garrett Harrell, Kayla Mims, Andrew Mitchell, Hunter Moore, Sharia Moore, Harley Nabors, Hayden Powell, […]
TUPELO – Ronald Edgar “Ron” Robertson, 61, died Wednesday, Feb. 12, 2014, at his residence following a brief illness. He was born July 22, 1952, in Houston to Boyce E. Robertson and Maynette Whitt Robertson. He was a patriotic man, serving his country in the U.S. Air Force. He attended Seminary, where he studied the […]
HOUSTON – 134 pianists of different ages and skill levels joined together at Harrisburg Baptist Church in Tupelo to share their faith through music during the annual keyboard festival sponsored by the Mississippi Baptist Convention. The Area II festival was one of 11 statewide festivals held this year in various locations from Corinth to Pascagoula […]
HOUSTON – Fannie Lorette “Marett” Whitt Doss, 92, died Wednesday, Jan. 8, 2014, at Shearer Richardson Memorial Nursing Home in Okolona. She was born May 23, 1921, in Chickasaw County to Charlie Lee Whitt and Lee Etta Huffman Whitt. She was a retired seamstress for various companies and she was a Methodist. Services will be […]
HOUSTON – Fannie Lorette Whitt Doss died Wednesday, Jan. 8, 2014. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Houston Funeral Home of Houston.
Daily Journal HOUSTON – Dana R. Whitt-Smith of Houston faces a federal indictment accusing her of DUI on the Natchez Trace Parkway and maiming another woman. If convicted, she faces up to 25 years in prison and a $250,000 fine. Smith, 34, was indicted Aug. 21 by a federal grand jury in Oxford. The accident […]
Lonnie Whitt knows his work will last longer than just about any in this community, so that is why he does it right the first time. “We also realize this is a difficult time in the lives of our customers,” said Whitt, owner of Houston Monument. “We do our best to provide a high quality […]
- Parents reminded that school attendance is mandatory November 24, 2015
- Chieftains roll over the Panthers November 27, 2015
- MSU’s Jones was destined for the spotlight November 28, 2015
- WEEK 15: High School Football Scores November 28, 2015
- Three Rivers, CDF, LINK honored November 28, 2015
- PLAYOFF PREVIEW: East Webster standing in the way of Bassfield December 1, 2015
- Ducktails, poodle skirts and smiling girls December 1, 2015
- Christmas parades set for area November 30, 2015
- WARZELLE GILLESPIE: Thankful for so many, so much November 29, 2015
- MARTY WISEMAN: Where are we in politics? November 29, 2015
- Harvey Birdman, Esq.: You're going to rely on 90's era litigation in o...
- Firebug2006: "What will be law here, is an impossibly, deliber...
- Harvey Birdman, Esq.: The petition suggests a phase-in period, but the p...
- Nancy Young: Thank you for your lifelong support of public educ...
- DENICE ANNA CONEY: Just what I was looking for. That helped me a lot....