MANTEE – Dorothy P. Logan, 59, died Saturday, April 26, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. Services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday, May 3, at West Clay Elementary Auditorium. Burial will be in Wesley Chapel Cemetery. Belle Memorial Funeral Home of Aberdeen is in charge of arrangements. Visitation will be from 4 […]
Tag Archives | Wesley Chapel
HOUSTON – Earline Bean, 98, died Sunday, April 6, 2014, at Trace Hospital in Houston. Services will be at 1 p.m. Sunday, April 13, at Wesley Chapel Church in Houston. Burial will be in Wesley Chapel Cemetery. Montgomery Mortuary of Houston is in charge of arrangements. Visitation will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Saturday.
VARDAMAN – Freddie Hugh Carter, 65, died Tuesday, Jan. 21, 2014, at his home. He was born June 13, 1948, in Houston to Clara Carter. He was a former employee of the city of Hattiesburg. He was disabled. Services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 23, at Southern Funeral Chapel in Houston with Bro. […]
ABERDEEN – Jessie Mae Reel died Saturday, Jan. 11, 2014, at Baptist Memorial Hospital in Oxford. She was born July 1, 1957, in Attala County to L.D. and Josie Rockett Anderson. She accepted Jesus Christ as her Savior at an early age and joined Hopewell Missionary Baptist Church in Goodman. She later joined Robbs Chapel […]
HOUSTON – Willie Margaret Swindle Burrage, 78, died Thursday, Nov. 7, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was born Oct. 5, 1935, in Chickasaw County to Lincey D. Swindle and Earnest E. Clemons Swindle. She was a Baptist. Services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 9, at Memorial Funeral Home with […]
MALVERN, Ark. – Max Morgan, 33, died Sunday, Sept. 29, 2013, in Malvern, Ark. He was born May 21, 1980, in Malvern, Ark. Services will be 2 p.m. Friday, Oct. 4, at Memorial Funeral Home with Bro. Larry McDonald officiating. Burial will be in Wesley Chapel Cemetery. Memorial Funeral Home is in charge of […]
HOUSTON — Some view graveyards as dreary places, but a group of Chickasaw County volunteers feels one of the community’s oldest and most visible cemeteries doesn’t need to be that way. Helen Pettit and her family and friends spent the better part of a week clearing brush, trimming around gravestones and cutting back fence-lines at […]
SENATOBIA – Goldie Imogene “Jean” Pettit Walters, 85, died Sunday, April 14, 2013, at North Oak Regional Medical Center in Senatobia. She was born Oct. 28, 1927, in Chickasaw County to Clarence Augusta Pettit and Audrie Mae Clark Pettit. She was a homemaker and a member of Faith Baptist Church in Lambert. Services were at […]
PONTOTOC – Alice Katherine Shuler, 80, died Sunday, Dec. 23, 2012, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was born March 28, 1932, to Flora Blansett Higginbotham and Jack Higginbotham of Houston. She worked all her life as a seamstress in the garment and furniture industries. She loved flowers, quilting, gospel music and her […]
- Trustees get report on Middle School February 23, 2015
- PREP BASKETBALL PLAYOFFS: Houlka and Okolona still dancing February 27, 2015
- Carrot and stick February 27, 2015
- Houston ponders community assets February 27, 2015
- Houlka smashes Smithville, falls to Coffeeville February 27, 2015
- Happy Birthday Miss Zula March 1, 2015
- Four hurt, two dead in Calhoun County wreck March 1, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: God given rights February 28, 2015
- GOP federal prosecutor to challenge Hood for AG February 27, 2015
- Agri-Center shaping up February 27, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...