CHICKASAW COUNTY – Nationally the number of teen pregnancies reported each year is falling but Mississippi and Chickasaw County are still above the national average in births to girls ages 15 to 19. The factors driving the drop in teen pregnancy on the national level are mixed and local professionals said Chickasaw County numbers also […]
Tag Archives | Welfare
By Emily Wagster Pettus Associated Press JACKSON – Republican Phil Bryant is starting his third year as Mississippi governor, and he says he wants to make public safety the top focus of the 2014 legislative session, which begins at noon Tuesday. He wants to train more state troopers and create “strike force” groups to help […]
Pull your weight, work for entitlement Dear Editor, The long dreaded automatic spending cuts of the sequester have now taken effect. Yet the sky did not fall despite the ominous warnings of Chicken Little and company. In realty these very modest reductions in government spending are all our elected officials have done to actually […]
By Bro. Derrick Whitfield Shady Grove Missionary Baptist Church “Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise.” Proverbs 6:6 When we want to view ourselves, when we want to view how well we are doing, often times we tend to look at our next door neighbor. We tend to compare […]
- EDITORIAL: Collecting Fines July 23, 2015
- Houlka trustees Ok demolition, infrastructure details July 27, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: It’s time to consider your choices July 27, 2015
- ICC offering newNational Guard program July 27, 2015
- Summer details handled by Okolona trustees July 28, 2015
- Victoria Wofford awarded Yates Scholarship July 29, 2015
- Suspicious mailers sent before Primary Election July 29, 2015
- Houlka’s Hobson on rise July 29, 2015
- Area residents graduate ICC program July 28, 2015
- Area trio earns ICC scholarships July 28, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...