CHICKASAW COUNTY – Nationally the number of teen pregnancies reported each year is falling but Mississippi and Chickasaw County are still above the national average in births to girls ages 15 to 19. The factors driving the drop in teen pregnancy on the national level are mixed and local professionals said Chickasaw County numbers also […]
Tag Archives | Welfare
By Emily Wagster Pettus Associated Press JACKSON – Republican Phil Bryant is starting his third year as Mississippi governor, and he says he wants to make public safety the top focus of the 2014 legislative session, which begins at noon Tuesday. He wants to train more state troopers and create “strike force” groups to help […]
Pull your weight, work for entitlement Dear Editor, The long dreaded automatic spending cuts of the sequester have now taken effect. Yet the sky did not fall despite the ominous warnings of Chicken Little and company. In realty these very modest reductions in government spending are all our elected officials have done to actually […]
By Bro. Derrick Whitfield Shady Grove Missionary Baptist Church “Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise.” Proverbs 6:6 When we want to view ourselves, when we want to view how well we are doing, often times we tend to look at our next door neighbor. We tend to compare […]
- Lady Hilltoppers stopped by Amory October 23, 2014
- Megasite opportunity October 26, 2014
- Cooper gets tough with cancer October 27, 2014
- Thank you friends of education October 27, 2014
- Art in the Park October 27, 2014
- FLOYD INGRAM: Houston isn’t a bad place to live October 30, 2014
- Trustees, Senator, judges on ballot October 30, 2014
- MOLLY MAY NAMED ICC HOMECOMING QUEEN October 29, 2014
- Number 1 October 29, 2014
- Sweater drive underway October 29, 2014
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...