CHICKASAW COUNTY – Nationally the number of teen pregnancies reported each year is falling but Mississippi and Chickasaw County are still above the national average in births to girls ages 15 to 19. The factors driving the drop in teen pregnancy on the national level are mixed and local professionals said Chickasaw County numbers also […]
Tag Archives | Welfare
By Emily Wagster Pettus Associated Press JACKSON – Republican Phil Bryant is starting his third year as Mississippi governor, and he says he wants to make public safety the top focus of the 2014 legislative session, which begins at noon Tuesday. He wants to train more state troopers and create “strike force” groups to help […]
Pull your weight, work for entitlement Dear Editor, The long dreaded automatic spending cuts of the sequester have now taken effect. Yet the sky did not fall despite the ominous warnings of Chicken Little and company. In realty these very modest reductions in government spending are all our elected officials have done to actually […]
By Bro. Derrick Whitfield Shady Grove Missionary Baptist Church “Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise.” Proverbs 6:6 When we want to view ourselves, when we want to view how well we are doing, often times we tend to look at our next door neighbor. We tend to compare […]
- DANIEL GARDNER: Truth inside the culture war June 27, 2015
- Houston, Okolona airport improvements funded July 1, 2015
- Supervisors ponder MDOC moves July 2, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Lines of Liberty July 2, 2015
- Roberts is Miss Mississippi, Molly May a finalist July 2, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: Ready, Aim, Fireworks! July 4, 2015
- Saturday is last day to register to vote. July 4, 2015
- Houston Homecoming 2015 is today July 4, 2015
- Vernon Fortner: July 4, 1950 July 3, 2015
- Houlka is back in the black July 3, 2015
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...