HOUSTON – Almost a century ago Congress established the Cooperative Extension Service to link the nation’s agricultural research universities to farms and farmers – and that assistance continues to this day. The Chickasaw County Extension Service will host an open house at its offices at 415 Lee Horn Drive from 1 to 3 p.m. Thursday […]
Tag Archives | Weed
HOUSTON – Cleo Weed Boyce, 87, died Monday, April 21, 2014. She was born Feb. 17, 1927, in Houston to Andrea Jackson Weed and Pearl O’Barr Weed. She was a member of Macedonia Methodist Church.Services will be 1 p.m. Tuesday, April 22, at Memorial Funeral Home. Burial will be in Macedonia Methodist Cemetery. Memorial Funeral […]
OKOLONA – The only new direction Dr. Dawn Weed wants to carry BabySteps is up. The new executive director of BabySteps said the organization is sound, the strategy is solid and the program does help parents get children ready for kindergarten. “I am so excited to be part of this organization and look forward to […]
- City Clerk resumes reviewed August 18, 2014
- Picnic in the Park! August 17, 2014
- A winner never quits! August 17, 2014
- Vardaman’s McClain earns national honor August 17, 2014
- Travel pay more about selfishness than finances August 17, 2014
- Pugh earns WBC scholarship August 20, 2014
- Color For A Cause seeks runners August 20, 2014
- Sweet potato field day planned for Aug. 20 August 19, 2014
- Aldermen discuss street worker pay August 19, 2014
- CDF lands Carl Small Town Center help August 19, 2014
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...
- Michael Mcalpin: So glad to have this service back locally....
- Pat Burgess: Congratulations to Jim for the award and for all t...