Daily Journal HOLLY SPRINGS – The Mississippi Department of Transportation reports that icy conditions have been reported in Marshall and Benton counties of Northeast Mississippi. Bridges and overpasses are especially hazardous. NATCHEZ TRACE TRAVEL ADVISORY: A traveler advisory has taken effect for portions of the Natchez Trace in northeast Mississippi. The advisory is in effect […]
Tag Archives | weather
Here it is the latter part of November and I found myself raking leaves at the Ingram Plantation in a t-shirt on Saturday. It rained Sunday, but that only made things muggy and humid. The sun even poked it’s head out Sunday afternoon to end the day on a beautiful note. But Thanksgiving is around […]
TUPELO – Northeast Mississippi areas that haven’t yet had their first killing frost are expected to see that situation change tonight. As early as this afternoon, a cold blast of Arctic air is expected to push through the region, dropping temperatures in some parts into the 30s before nightfall. Overnight lows are expected to hit the […]
From Staff and Wire Reports The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency is asking residents to prepare for severe weather this afternoon and evening. The National Weather Service is predicting that an approaching cold front will bring the possibility of strong tornadoes, damaging winds, large hail and flash flooding.Weather Service predictions show a moderate risk of tornadoes […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – When bad weather threatens, it is too late for county personnel and emergency agencies to plan what they are going to do. Chickasaw County communication workers, law enforcement, fire departments and emergency management agencies came together last week for a series of drills to test their response to an emergency. “Everybody […]
Chickasaw County Schools are closed Houston Schools are closed Calhoun County Schools have two hour delay this morning. Teachers report at 9:30. Immanuel Christian School will start at 10 a.m. Staff report at 9:45 a.m. Columbus Schools: Elementary starts at 9 a.m., Middle, High School, Alternative starts at 10 a.m. Buses will run at 9:15 […]
by The Associated Press JACKSON — The National Weather Service says central Mississippi could get from 2 to 4 inches of snow from midnight through midmorning Thursday. The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency says as much as 1 inch could fall as far south as Hattiesburg. The snow could cause slush on some bridges, but forecasters […]
Wednesday: A 30 percent chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 44. North wind 5 to 10 mph. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible. Wednesday Night: A chance of rain before midnight, then a chance of rain and snow. Increasing clouds, with a low around 32. Calm wind […]
- Mr. Houston January 25, 2015
- EDITORIAL: A tough job January 29, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: The culture of the Super Bowl January 29, 2015
- Knight turn out lights on Houston January 29, 2015
- Trustees moving quickly January 30, 2015
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: James Meredith January 31, 2015
- Open posts in Chickasaw, Monroe draw crowd of candidates January 31, 2015
- AG arrests two for false filings January 31, 2015
- Nunnelee’s cancer no longer treatable, spokesman says January 30, 2015
- Supper in the sights January 30, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...