OKOLONA – Charles Wayne Lambert, 66, died at his residence east of Okolona on Friday, June 20, 2014. He was born in Calhoun County on July 6, 1947, to Robert Lambert and Inez Lambert. A lifelong resident of the Okolona area, he began his working career at Delta Trousers and retired as a truck driver […]
Tag Archives | Wayne
OXFORD (AP) – One of the ex-prisoners who received a pardon from then-Gov. Haley Barbour has pleaded guilty to manslaughter after he killed another man in an exchange of gunfire. Calhoun County District Attorney Ben Creekmore says Wayne Thurman Harris of Slate Springs made the plea Monday in Oxford before special Circuit Judge Breland Hilburn. […]
BRUCE – Charles Wayne Brasher, 60, died Friday, April 4, 2014, at his home. He was born Nov. 27, 1952, to Ular and Virgie Brasher. He attended Houlka High School where he graduated in 1970. He resided in the Pilgrim Rest Community and drove a semitruck most of his life before becoming disabled. Services were […]
HOUSTON – Darrel “Chew” Wayne Griffin, 78, died April 2, 2014. He was born July 4, 1935, in Chickasaw County to J.D. Griffin and Lesbie Wilson Griffin. He retired of 46 years from MMC Concrete Plant of Houston. He was a volunteer fireman for 30 years. He was an avid outdoorsman as he loved to hunt and […]
OKOLONA – Mark Wayne Johnson, 43, died Sunday, Jan. 26, 2014, at Gilmore Memorial Hospital in Amory. He was born June 11, 1970 to Emma Farr and Arvestor Townsend. He received his education from Okolona Schools. He was a member and usher of Red Bud M.B. Church. Services will be 11 a.m. Saturday at Red […]
BRUCE – Leslie Wayne Collins, known as “”Chick”” to his family and friends, passed away on Saturday, Dec. 28, 2013, at 89. He was born in Calhoun County, Jan. 4, 1924, to the late Jesse Leland and Jettie Valeria Kimsey Collins. He is the beloved father of Ava Jo Collins of New Orleans, La., and Dr. […]
EL PASO, Texas – James Wayne McCoy, 67, passed away on Friday, Nov. 15, 2013. He was born in Bruce on March 3, 1946. He was a beloved husband to Rosie McCoy for 37 years. He will be in the hearts of his family forever and will be missed. He survived by his sons, Jaime […]
HOUSTON – Larry Wayne Easley, 57, died Sunday, Sept. 8, 2013. He was born Dec. 21, 1955, in Chickasaw County to George Guinn Easley and Mabelene Lewis Easley. He was of the Primitive Baptist faith. He enjoyed spending time with his grandchildren and his family, working with his farmers and drag racing on the weekends. […]
GRENADA – Ronald Wayne “Ronnie” Clanton, 61, formerly of Calhoun City, died Friday, April 5, 2013, at Grenada Lake Medical Center. He was born Sept. 1, 1951, in Eupora to Braxton Clanton and Ruth Beck Clanton. He was a retired finn press machine operator for Heatcraft and a member of Bradford Chapel Baptist Church. He […]
POTTS CAMP – Jacky Wayne Butler, 52, died Wednesday, March 27, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi in Oxford. He was born Oct. 26, 1960, in New Albany to William Ezra Butler and Louise Hale Butler. He was a welding supervisor. He loved cooking out and doing things for others. Services will be at 3 […]
by JB Clark NEMS Daily Journal CALHOUN CITY – The Calhoun County man involved in a Jan. 10 fatal shooting has been released from the hospital and is waiting to see if charges will be pressed against him. It is still not clear what led to Wayne Therman Harris allegedly shooting Chris McGonagill at a […]
- WEDDING: Booth/Schlicht July 26, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Who deserves your vote? July 30, 2015
- County will keep inmates for free July 30, 2015
- Run right! Go long! July 30, 2015
- Woman charged with trying to sell her baby July 30, 2015
- PERS retirees must stay vigilant August 2, 2015
- Mayors takes issue with column August 1, 2015
- Wake up America, move forward August 1, 2015
- NCAA charges Southern Miss, Tyndall August 1, 2015
- Houlka aldermen updated on water, sewer issues July 31, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...