The Mississippi State Department of Health lifted a boil-water notice on Friday, Sept. 6 for customers who receive their drinking water from the City of Okolona water supply. The state had issued a boil-water notice for Okolona on Thursday Aug. 29 and were told to boil water over the Labor Day weekend. A random sampling […]
Tag Archives | Water
OKOLONA – The Mississippi State Department of Health issued a boil-water notice for customers who receive their drinking water from the City of Okolona water supply on Thursday and were told to boil water over the Labor Day weekend. A random sampling showed the presence of total coliform bacteria in the drinking water last week […]
When tornadoes swept through Chickasaw County two years ago many in the community found out the value of insurance. Those with good insurance saw their homes repaired promptly. Sadly, fire destroys more homes in our community than tornadoes and we are fortunate to have municipal fire departments and county volunteer fire departments ready to come […]
HOUSTON – In the serious business of fighting fires, job one is getting a lot of water on the blaze. Houston, Woodland, Rhodes Chapel, Van Vleet, Thorn and Houlka fire departments held a practice water test Thursday night with the goal of calling in the State Insurance Commission to run a certified test that could […]
HOUSTON – Reading water meters may become as simple as driving a city truck down city streets once a month. The Houston Board of Aldermen voted last week to advertise for bids for electronic water meters that could make reading the city’s 1,800 meters faster and hopefully more accurate. The city has been repeatedly approached […]
Public Service Commissioner Brandon Presley and his staff members will hold regular office hours each month at local courthouses around North Mississippi for anyone with utility company questions or concerns. Presley will be at the Chickasaw County Courthouse in Houston from 2 to 4 p.m., the first Wednesday of each month. The first date for […]
HOUSTON – The summer construction season has several businesses in and around the Square in Houston in the process of renovation or repair. The biggest job is the renovation of the future home of Watkins, Ward & Stafford CPA on the west side of the Square, with work on water lines by the city […]
In real estate there are three factors that determine the value of a piece of property. Location. Location Location. In the economic development business that attracts industry to a community the three factors are: Infrastructure, infrastructure, infrastructure. That point was hammered home time and time again at Friday’s State of the Region meeting that saw […]
HOUSTON – The play a major role in city services, but most residents never see them or give them a second thought. Houston has embarked on a downtown water improvement project that will see new water valves and selected water mains replaced. “Those pipes are incredibly old in some places and we have tired for […]
HOUSTON – Northern District Public Service Commissioner Brandon Presley said his job to is to make sure public utilities follow state law and doesn’t understand why some agencies have balked when he asked for their bylaws. Speaking to the Houston Exchange Club last week, Presley said utility companies that are given the right to operate […]
- City Clerk resumes reviewed August 18, 2014
- Picnic in the Park! August 17, 2014
- A winner never quits! August 17, 2014
- Vardaman’s McClain earns national honor August 17, 2014
- Travel pay more about selfishness than finances August 17, 2014
- Pugh earns WBC scholarship August 20, 2014
- Color For A Cause seeks runners August 20, 2014
- Sweet potato field day planned for Aug. 20 August 19, 2014
- Aldermen discuss street worker pay August 19, 2014
- CDF lands Carl Small Town Center help August 19, 2014
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...
- Michael Mcalpin: So glad to have this service back locally....
- Pat Burgess: Congratulations to Jim for the award and for all t...