CALHOUN CITY – Donald Lee Goodson, 58, died Thursday, May 15, 2014, at his home. He was born Dec. 1, 1955, in Vardaman to James Washington Goodson and Wilma Christian Barbee Goodson. He was a customer service employee for Med-Life in Calhoun City and a member of New Gauley Baptist Church. Services will be at […]
Tag Archives | Warren
FULTON – Members of the marching guard, Indianettes, drum majors and twirlers for the 2014 fall semester have been selected by the Itawamba Community College All-American Band. They include: Marching Guard – Kaitlynn Yates of Southaven; Marlexis Tate of Starkville; Brooke Irons, Jada Haughton, Emily Lee, Krystal Ward, all of Aberdeen; Ashlynn Carter, Lauren Taylor, […]
SHANNON – Micheal Adolph Armstrong, 44, died Thursday, April 3, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center. He was born April 22, 1969, in Wisconsin to Adolph Tate and the late Patricia Armstrong Warren. He received his education from the Shannon schools. He was a former employee of Alan White. Services will be at 3 p.m. […]
ROBINSONVILLE – James Warren Bowling, 45, formerly of Calhoun City, died Thursday, Feb. 20, 2014, at Methodist South Hospital in Memphis. He was born Nov. 1, 1968, in Hyden, Ky., the son of Thomas Bowling and Janice Sampsell Napier. He was an Air Force veteran of Desert Storm and a Baptist. Survivors include his wife, […]
From press reports FULTON – Approximately 40 contestants will compete for the title of Most Beautiful 2014 at Itawamba Community College during the annual pageant Dec. 3, in the W.O. Benjamin Fine Arts Center auditorium on the Fulton Campus. Contestants included Payton Cheyenne Davis, Lynn Dunnam, Lexie Higgins, Cristina Forrester, Aubrey Seay, all of Tupelo; […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – Hannah Warren isn’t cold or hungry, but she is concerned about her neighbors around Chickasaw County who might be. The 19-year-old mother and college student said just because we don’t see people out begging on our local streets doesn’t mean there aren’t people in need. “I was in my Philosophy class,” Warren […]
HOUSTON – They are new to the community but they hope to improve the quality of life in Houston and Chickasaw County for years to come. Regional Global Network held an open house recently to showcase the people who staff the organization and get the word out on what their plans are in Houston. “RGN […]
Warren promotes positive lifestyle at work and home Editor’s Note: This is the fourth of four articles on area women making a difference in their community. HOULKA – Home is where the heart is and Chandra Warren’s heart is at home in Houlka. “I love it, I love Houlka,” Warren said. “I wish […]
HOULKA – Loyd Carrol Warren, Sr., 81, passed away at his home, surrounded by his family, on Sunday, Feb. 17, 2013. He was born on Oct. 6, 1931, in Pontotoc County. He was retired from Franklin Corporation where he had held many jobs. He was a member of Shiloh Baptist Church but had attended First […]
- Fewer snowflakes this Christmas November 17, 2014
- Volunteers need to answer the call November 20, 2014
- Listening to those who served November 21, 2014
- Helping Hands of Houlka November 21, 2014
- Hunting is part of my heritage November 21, 2014
- Houston ready for tipoff and tournament November 23, 2014
- A golfer’s tale November 23, 2014
- BILLY McCORD: As I see it November 23, 2014
- Brand, Wright honored by ICC November 22, 2014
- Mississippi jobless rate at 7.6 percent in October November 22, 2014
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...