By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal Zula Criddle Warnick, 109, passed away Tuesday, June 23, 2015 at Floy Dyer Nursing Home in Houston. She was born Feb. 16, 1906 in Chickasaw county to James Madison Criddle and Emma Ella Smith Criddle. She was the oldest resident of Chickasaw County and on her birthday, she was […]
Tag Archives | Warnick
HOUSTON – She may not be Mississippi’s oldest resident, but she holds the record in Chickasaw County. Zula Warnick celebrated her 109th birthday Monday and was treated to a party by the residents of Floyd Dyer Manor where she lives. Family had gathered on Sunday for a private party, but left plenty of cake and […]
HOUSTON – She may not be Mississippi’s oldest resident, but she holds the record in Chickasaw County. Zula Warnick celebrated her 108th birthday Sunday and was treated to a party on Valentine’s Day that saw Houston Mayor Stacey Parker present her with a special proclamation, a box of chocolates and 11 roses. “You may […]
HOUSTON – Customers come from near and far to sit in the chair at Warnick’s Barber Shop for a haircut and to catch up on what’s happening in the world and in Chickasaw County. Gerald Gray has been trimming hair since 1960 and been cutting hair in Houston for the past 4-1/2 years at the […]
It’s off the beaten path in rural Chickasaw County, but well worth the trip. Beautiful yards are easily seen in Houston, Okolona, Woodland and Houlka, but you have to be going to Gerald and Elise Gray’s house on County Road 28 to enjoy a very large manicured lawn, massive pecan trees, several gardens and an […]
- THE NUMBERS: Tourism tax vote fails August 22, 2015
- MSU professor to lead national beef organization August 25, 2015
- Alabama man indicted in fatal Trace wreck August 25, 2015
- ICC names 2015 Spring graduates August 26, 2015
- Reward offered in Monroe County deputy shooting case August 26, 2015
- UPDATED WEEK 2: High School Football Scores August 28, 2015
- WEEK 2: High School Football Capsules August 28, 2015
- Training for the worst August 28, 2015
- MSU student threats lead to lockdown, arrest August 28, 2015
- Two solar farms sprout in Chickasaw County August 28, 2015
- Randy Wanat: Change "Christianity" to "Islam" and suddenly ...
- TRSmith: What happens to students who reside in the distric...
- Beth: The only way to protect ourselves and our benefits...
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...