By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal Zula Criddle Warnick, 109, passed away Tuesday, June 23, 2015 at Floy Dyer Nursing Home in Houston. She was born Feb. 16, 1906 in Chickasaw county to James Madison Criddle and Emma Ella Smith Criddle. She was the oldest resident of Chickasaw County and on her birthday, she was […]
Tag Archives | Warnick
HOUSTON – She may not be Mississippi’s oldest resident, but she holds the record in Chickasaw County. Zula Warnick celebrated her 109th birthday Monday and was treated to a party by the residents of Floyd Dyer Manor where she lives. Family had gathered on Sunday for a private party, but left plenty of cake and […]
HOUSTON – She may not be Mississippi’s oldest resident, but she holds the record in Chickasaw County. Zula Warnick celebrated her 108th birthday Sunday and was treated to a party on Valentine’s Day that saw Houston Mayor Stacey Parker present her with a special proclamation, a box of chocolates and 11 roses. “You may […]
HOUSTON – Customers come from near and far to sit in the chair at Warnick’s Barber Shop for a haircut and to catch up on what’s happening in the world and in Chickasaw County. Gerald Gray has been trimming hair since 1960 and been cutting hair in Houston for the past 4-1/2 years at the […]
It’s off the beaten path in rural Chickasaw County, but well worth the trip. Beautiful yards are easily seen in Houston, Okolona, Woodland and Houlka, but you have to be going to Gerald and Elise Gray’s house on County Road 28 to enjoy a very large manicured lawn, massive pecan trees, several gardens and an […]
- WEDDING: Booth/Schlicht July 26, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Who deserves your vote? July 30, 2015
- County will keep inmates for free July 30, 2015
- Run right! Go long! July 30, 2015
- Woman charged with trying to sell her baby July 30, 2015
- Mayors takes issue with column August 1, 2015
- Wake up America, move forward August 1, 2015
- NCAA charges Southern Miss, Tyndall August 1, 2015
- Houlka aldermen updated on water, sewer issues July 31, 2015
- Man arrested following assault with knife July 31, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...