FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. — Betty Jo Farr Sanders, 79, died quietly in Walnut Grove Nursing and Rehab Center on Thursday, April 24, 2014. She was born June 24, 1934, in Houston, and was the daughter of the late Walter Evans Farr and Ora Evelyn Foster. She married on Jan 31, 1959, and was widowed after 45 […]
Tag Archives | Walter
HOUSTON – Walter Morris “W. M.” Allen Jr., 87, died Sunday, Oct. 13, 2013, at his home in Houston. He was born Sept. 30, 1926, in Chickasaw County to Walter Morris Allen Sr. and Alma Lee Cox Allen. He was a retired farmer, a welder for B&W in West Point, a WWII Army veteran, and […]
Endless interventions rob U.S. of its treasure Dear Editor, I will start by telling you what I think of the situation in America as of May 15, 2012. As of Dec. 18, 2011, the total number of our servicemen killed in the Iraq nine-year war was 4,474 and the number wounded in action was […]
by Patsy R. Brumfield NEMS Daily Journal ABERDEEN – Federal sentencing continues in what prosecutors describe as a large, regional conspiracy to sell cocaine in Northeast Mississippi. Walter “Big Moot” Hampton, 35, of Okolona on Thursday was sentenced by U.S. District Judge Sharion Aycock to 205 months in prison. Last November, he pleaded guilty to […]
- Houlka’s Hobson on rise July 29, 2015
- NCAA charges Southern Miss, Tyndall August 1, 2015
- Wake up America, move forward August 1, 2015
- Mayors takes issue with column August 1, 2015
- PERS retirees must stay vigilant August 2, 2015
- Runoff races for Sheriff, Chancery and two Supervisors August 4, 2015
- Bowens, Gladney lift in Las Vegas August 4, 2015
- Back to School Calendar! August 3, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: A hot political summer August 3, 2015
- School immunization required August 2, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...