FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. — Betty Jo Farr Sanders, 79, died quietly in Walnut Grove Nursing and Rehab Center on Thursday, April 24, 2014. She was born June 24, 1934, in Houston, and was the daughter of the late Walter Evans Farr and Ora Evelyn Foster. She married on Jan 31, 1959, and was widowed after 45 […]
Tag Archives | Walter
HOUSTON – Walter Morris “W. M.” Allen Jr., 87, died Sunday, Oct. 13, 2013, at his home in Houston. He was born Sept. 30, 1926, in Chickasaw County to Walter Morris Allen Sr. and Alma Lee Cox Allen. He was a retired farmer, a welder for B&W in West Point, a WWII Army veteran, and […]
Endless interventions rob U.S. of its treasure Dear Editor, I will start by telling you what I think of the situation in America as of May 15, 2012. As of Dec. 18, 2011, the total number of our servicemen killed in the Iraq nine-year war was 4,474 and the number wounded in action was […]
by Patsy R. Brumfield NEMS Daily Journal ABERDEEN – Federal sentencing continues in what prosecutors describe as a large, regional conspiracy to sell cocaine in Northeast Mississippi. Walter “Big Moot” Hampton, 35, of Okolona on Thursday was sentenced by U.S. District Judge Sharion Aycock to 205 months in prison. Last November, he pleaded guilty to […]
- Floy Dyer serving community seniors November 22, 2014
- Mississippi producing big bucks November 25, 2014
- Come in from the cold November 26, 2014
- Rams to hoop it up in Vardaman November 26, 2014
- Davis Lake bridge bids opened November 27, 2014
- Who’s No. 1! November 28, 2014
- Monroe authorities need help locating missing man November 28, 2014
- Solar farm shines in Chickasaw County November 28, 2014
- Houlka powers past North Pontotoc November 27, 2014
- Houston nips Wildcats November 27, 2014
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...