HOUSTON – A bomb scare at the local WalMart was apparently part of a wider scam to extort money from businesses across Northeast Mississippi Wednesday afternoon. The Houston store was contacted by phone about 2 p.m. and told to wire money to a “green money card” or a bomb would be detonated in the store. […]
Tag Archives | Walmart
HOUSTON — They walked, they talked and they raised money to find a cure for cancer. Hundreds of people packed Joe Brigance Park Friday night to celebrate the 2014 Chickasaw County Relay for Life and raise money to fight cancer. “We had good crowds, good participation and perfect weather,” said Rick Huffman, spokesman for the […]
HOUSTON – Cancer touches everybody’s lives. The American Cancer Society estimates one-in-four people will be diagnosed with some type of cancer during their lifetime and Chickasaw County Relay for Life is asking the community to come to Joe Brignance Park Friday night and help them bring that number down. “If you have not been touched […]
OKOLONA – Ople Katherine O’Barr Henry, 69, died Friday, April 4th, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center Hospice Unit following an extended illness. She was born Aug. 17, 1944, to Jessie O’Barr and Annie Kate O’Barr. She worked at Walmart on West Main in Tupelo for 10 plus years and was a homemaker, enjoying arts […]
The boys will be home this weekend. My two oldest will make the trek home from college Friday night. Sara has been planning for their arrival for more than a month. Special foods have been bought, the house has been decorated, Christmas gifts are ready and she has lined up a “schedule of events” to […]
GORE SPRINGS – Eva Barbara Williams Marter, 82, died Monday, Dec. 9, 2013, at Grace Health and Rehab in Grenada. She was born April 9, 1931, in Bolivar County to Douglas Williams and Etosian Allday Williams. She was a retired Walmart receptionist and a member of Gore Springs Baptist Church. Survivors include one daughter, Sheri […]
The Salvation Army Kettle campaign kicks off in Houston Nov. 25 at Grocer’s Pride and Nov. 29 at Walmart 411. Volunteers are needed to ring the bells for two-hour shifts at both local stores to help the less fortunate. Funds raised during the Kettle Campaign help the Salvation Army provide assistance to local residents throughout […]
PHEBA – Bobbie Lou Harpole Sizemore, 78, passed away, on Wednesday, Nov. 13, 2013, at Calhoun Health Services Nursing Home in Calhoun City. She was born Dec. 19, 1934, in Hatcher to Jeffie Henry Harpole and Robert Harpole. She was a beautician and had worked for Monte Glove, Moody Trailer, West Point Coca Cola and […]
Kind people made my day on a recent Tupelo trip Dear Editor, After attending church services at the Okolona First Baptist Church on July 28, I drove to Tupelo to do my grocery shopping. Upon arriving in Tupelo, I stopped at the Thomas Street post office to mail some letters. As I was leaving the […]
HOUSTON – Vickie Renna Coleman Black, 49, died Monday, April 1, 2013. She was born Dec. 12, 1963, in Chickasaw County to David Wayne Coleman and Barbara Anne Dye Sims. She was a member of Parkway Baptist Church. She was employed at Wal-Mart for 30 years. Services will be at 2 p.m. Wednesday at Parkway […]
- EDITORIAL: Emergency Service September 11, 2014
- BIRTH: Reagan Brooke Murphree September 13, 2014
- 2014 Okolona Homecoming Court September 14, 2014
- BATTLE OF THE CREEK: Oldtimers remember September 14, 2014
- BILLY McCORD: As I see it September 14, 2014
- Houston WalMart target of bomb scare September 17, 2014
- Liquor defeated, beer apparently approved in Pontotoc September 17, 2014
- ICC Adult Learner scholars September 16, 2014
- County opens bids for AgriCenter roof September 16, 2014
- Rebels on road to open SEC hoops September 15, 2014
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...