BENTON, Ark. – Eddie Junior White, 77, died Sunday, May 29, 2014, at Saline Hospice in Bryant, Ark. He was born Sept. 18, 1936, in Chickasaw County, the son of Edgar Louis White and Audrey Mae Parker White. He was retired from Jacuzzi Brothers and from the National Guard Armory. He was a member of […]
Tag Archives | Walls
HOUSTON – Robert E. “R.E.” Vance, 83, of Houston, died Friday, May 16, 2014, at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo. He was born April 6, 1931, in Clay County to Frank Burkett Vance and Mary Elizabeth Walls Vance. He was a retired fitting welder for B&W, a member of Macedonia United Methodist Church, a Purple Heart recipient […]
HOUSTON – Fifty years ago this month a group of concerned women in this community formed a club aimed at making Houston a little better place to live, work and raise a family. And they haven’t stopped yet. The Houston Pilot Club celebrated its 50th anniversary Saturday with cake and ceremony, as more than 50 […]
HOULKA – Harrel Moss, 84, passed away Monday, Jan. 6, 2014, at V.A. Nursing home in Oxford. He was a member of Buckhorn Church of Christ and a veteran of the Korean War. He loved his family, hunting and fishing. Services will be at 11 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 9, at Tutor Memorial Funeral Home in Pontotoc. […]
HOUSTON – Melvin Faye Duncan, 78, died Saturday, Jan. 4, 2014, at his home. He was born Dec. 8, 1935, in Chickasaw County to Henry Clinton Duncan and Hester Ardenia Cook Duncan. He attended Friendship Baptist Church in Thorn. Services will be 10 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 7, at Memorial Funeral Home Chapel with Bro. Fred […]
HOULKA – Robert Lynn Walls, 59, died Wednesday, Oct. 30, 2013 at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo. He was born Dec. 29, 1953, in Vardaman to Junior Lee and Lula May Walls. Services are 3 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 2, at Southern Funeral Chapel with burial at Ellzey Cemetery in Calhoun County. Brothers Johnny Cherry and […]
PONTOTOC – Carl Winford Skelton, 76, died Thursday, Sept. 12, 2013, at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo. He was a 1956 graduate of Algoma High School, he was an Air Force veteran and a business owner. He was the founder of Triangle Service, beginning in 1978 and retiring in 2001. Services will be at 2 […]
HOUSTON – Sarah Elizabeth Criddle Walls, 80, died Wednesday, Aug. 14, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center Hospice Unit in Tupelo. She was born May 26, 1933, in Chickasaw County to James Chester Criddle and Lela Bell Hill Criddle. She was a homemaker and a member of Macedonia United Methodist Church. Services will be at […]
HOUSTON – Mary Ruth Walls Higginbotham, 85, died Friday, July 5, 2013, at Trace Regional Hospital in Houston. She was born December 18, 1927, in Vardaman to Albert Franklin Walls and Minitia Ethel Burgess Walls. She was a homemaker and a farmer. She was a member of Thorn Church of God. Services will be at 4 […]
Local Focus! Locally owned businesses serving the local community Watkin Having the resources of a large firm linked with hometown people you know and trust are what makes Watkins, Ward & Stafford of Houston successful. Certified Public Accountants Jason D. Brooks and Romona T. Walls are Houston residents who know the needs […]
- EDITORIAL: Emergency Service September 11, 2014
- Rewarding excellence in education September 12, 2014
- Topper Zone grand opening September 13, 2014
- RENEE CUNNINGHAM: Common Core: Prepared for education anywhere September 13, 2014
- Ex-Ranger Donald Hawkins signed by Dallas Cowboys September 13, 2014
- County opens bids for AgriCenter roof September 16, 2014
- Rebels on road to open SEC hoops September 15, 2014
- City changes procedures for Parks & Rec cash receipts September 15, 2014
- BILLY McCORD: As I see it September 14, 2014
- BATTLE OF THE CREEK: Oldtimers remember September 14, 2014
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...