The U.S. Department of Interior and National Parks Services has named the Tanglefoot Trail as one of 10 in the nation to be designated as a National Recreation Trail. That’s a pretty high honor for our trail that opened in October 2012 and has yet to mark its third birthday. “By designating these exceptional trails […]
Tag Archives | walking
PONTOTOC – The Tanglefoot Trail in north Mississippi has been named a national recreation trail. The announcement was made Thursday in a news release by Interior Secretary Sally Jewell and National Park Service Director Jonathan Jarvis. “By designating these exceptional trails as part of the National Trails System, we recognize the efforts of local communities […]
Tanglefoot Trail will officially open later this year with a steady flow of people walking, hiking and biking this path too and from Houston. Trail advocates have estimated it could see up to 100,000 users each year as word of this tourism draw spreads. That same study estimates Tanglefoot Trail could have an estimated economic […]
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- SCORES: Baseball Saturday, April 30 May 1, 2016
- Southeast moves closer to fire district May 2, 2016
- Houston to host National Day of Prayer today May 5, 2016
- Jones to play in NFL with with Kansas City May 5, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Balancing act May 5, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...