The U.S. Department of Interior and National Parks Services has named the Tanglefoot Trail as one of 10 in the nation to be designated as a National Recreation Trail. That’s a pretty high honor for our trail that opened in October 2012 and has yet to mark its third birthday. “By designating these exceptional trails […]
Tag Archives | walking
PONTOTOC – The Tanglefoot Trail in north Mississippi has been named a national recreation trail. The announcement was made Thursday in a news release by Interior Secretary Sally Jewell and National Park Service Director Jonathan Jarvis. “By designating these exceptional trails as part of the National Trails System, we recognize the efforts of local communities […]
Tanglefoot Trail will officially open later this year with a steady flow of people walking, hiking and biking this path too and from Houston. Trail advocates have estimated it could see up to 100,000 users each year as word of this tourism draw spreads. That same study estimates Tanglefoot Trail could have an estimated economic […]
- POLICE ROUNDUP: Houston man arrested for fraud. May 21, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Helping those who help us May 26, 2016
- Toppers’ Smith shuts out Newton May 26, 2016
- NANCY LOOME: Flat appropriations hurt schools May 28, 2016
- BIRTH: John Wyatt Parker May 28, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The best we can produce May 27, 2016
- Vardaman packs gym for graduation May 27, 2016
- Hebron clinches MAIS championship May 26, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...