The U.S. Department of Interior and National Parks Services has named the Tanglefoot Trail as one of 10 in the nation to be designated as a National Recreation Trail. That’s a pretty high honor for our trail that opened in October 2012 and has yet to mark its third birthday. “By designating these exceptional trails […]
Tag Archives | walking
PONTOTOC – The Tanglefoot Trail in north Mississippi has been named a national recreation trail. The announcement was made Thursday in a news release by Interior Secretary Sally Jewell and National Park Service Director Jonathan Jarvis. “By designating these exceptional trails as part of the National Trails System, we recognize the efforts of local communities […]
Tanglefoot Trail will officially open later this year with a steady flow of people walking, hiking and biking this path too and from Houston. Trail advocates have estimated it could see up to 100,000 users each year as word of this tourism draw spreads. That same study estimates Tanglefoot Trail could have an estimated economic […]
- Teachers to be allowed to paddle September 28, 2015
- DUKE DENTON: Hospitals owe patients a list of procedure costs September 27, 2015
- Vardaman wins homecoming, 48-7 October 1, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Let’s get on the Trail October 1, 2015
- Flywheel Festival was fall fun October 1, 2015
- WEDDING: Adams / Gregory October 4, 2015
- WEDDING: Byrne / Blissard October 4, 2015
- AREA ROUNDUP: Adams scores three touchdowns in limited action October 3, 2015
- Tanglefoot Trail signs destroyed in Pontotoc County October 3, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: Politicians parsing words October 3, 2015
- George Edgar Worley: See Sparethekids.com and BeatingBlackKids.com for ...
- George Edgar Worley: WATCH Montel Williams on School Paddling of Studen...
- George Edgar Worley: #BlackLivesMatter ? #srebeducation Students to Sch...
- George Edgar Worley: WATCH Documentary Exposes the Brutally Violent TRU...
- Carolyn Goggans: In the pictures above ( the second from the bottom...