HOUSTON – In keeping with the Fourth of July holiday, members of the Houston Business Group (HBG) were treated to hot dogs, chips and drinks in a festive red, white and blue sidewalk setting at State Farm Insurance July 2. The Business Group held an informal discussion about what resources are available to merchants and […]
Tag Archives | Walden
HOUSTON – Not everyone caught fish but everyone did have fun. The First Annual Chickasaw Development Foundation/Houston Hawg Callers bass fishing club Legion Lake Lunker Fishing Tournament for Kids went off without a hitch as youngsters caught fish and earned $25 checks and medals for their effort. “I’ve got a pond at my house but […]
HOUSTON – He waded ashore on Normandy Beach on July 4, 1944 and was wounded twice in World War II, he then returned to Mississippi, set up a dental practice in Houston and raised a family, helping many people along the way. Dr. Herman Smith, 92, was named the Chickasaw Development Foundation’s Citizen of the […]
HOUSTON – The community will honor its very best next week at the Chickasaw Development Foundation annual banquet and meeting. The economic development event is slated for 6:30 p.m. March 25 at the First United Methodist Church, Family Life Center on North Jackson Street. “This is always one of the highlights of the year for […]
HOUSTON – Grabbing that leisure dollar is easy if the tourist are coming to town, but the secret is to make them want to come and then be ready to serve them when they get here. Michael Jones, of the Mississippi Development Authority tourism division, met with more than a dozen CDF members and local […]
HOUSTON – The Waldens have been Master Gardeners for years and their expertise and eye for landscaping shows in their yard on Hamilton Street. John and Peggy Walden’s home was chosen as the Prettiest Place in Houston by the Houston Master Gardeners recently and John Walden, who has been a Master Gardener since 2006, said […]
- Okolona school bond vote is Tuesday August 22, 2014
- Okolona man arrested in West Point crime August 26, 2014
- Okolona bond vote undecided August 26, 2014
- Houston considers tax increase August 27, 2014
- Houlka falls to East Union August 28, 2014
- This is the way we roll! August 29, 2014
- Eight-man Eagles open season August 28, 2014
- EW downs Vardaman in season opener August 28, 2014
- Color Run fun August 28, 2014
- Houston kicks off season with win August 28, 2014
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...