HOUSTON – Two pickup trucks were packed with canned good and non-perishable items last week and will be delivered to needy families this holiday season. The Chickasaw County Extension Service partnered with the local Master Gardeners Mississippi Homemaker Volunteers, 4-H Club, Mississippi State University Alumni and WTVA to host Food for Families. Eaton Automotive and […]
Tag Archives | Walden
HOUSTON – In keeping with the Fourth of July holiday, members of the Houston Business Group (HBG) were treated to hot dogs, chips and drinks in a festive red, white and blue sidewalk setting at State Farm Insurance July 2. The Business Group held an informal discussion about what resources are available to merchants and […]
HOUSTON – Not everyone caught fish but everyone did have fun. The First Annual Chickasaw Development Foundation/Houston Hawg Callers bass fishing club Legion Lake Lunker Fishing Tournament for Kids went off without a hitch as youngsters caught fish and earned $25 checks and medals for their effort. “I’ve got a pond at my house but […]
HOUSTON – He waded ashore on Normandy Beach on July 4, 1944 and was wounded twice in World War II, he then returned to Mississippi, set up a dental practice in Houston and raised a family, helping many people along the way. Dr. Herman Smith, 92, was named the Chickasaw Development Foundation’s Citizen of the […]
HOUSTON – The community will honor its very best next week at the Chickasaw Development Foundation annual banquet and meeting. The economic development event is slated for 6:30 p.m. March 25 at the First United Methodist Church, Family Life Center on North Jackson Street. “This is always one of the highlights of the year for […]
HOUSTON – Grabbing that leisure dollar is easy if the tourist are coming to town, but the secret is to make them want to come and then be ready to serve them when they get here. Michael Jones, of the Mississippi Development Authority tourism division, met with more than a dozen CDF members and local […]
HOUSTON – The Waldens have been Master Gardeners for years and their expertise and eye for landscaping shows in their yard on Hamilton Street. John and Peggy Walden’s home was chosen as the Prettiest Place in Houston by the Houston Master Gardeners recently and John Walden, who has been a Master Gardener since 2006, said […]
- EDITORIAL: Time to plant March 26, 2015
- One dead in crash south of Okolona March 28, 2015
- First Turkey March 28, 2015
- State releases detailed bass summary March 29, 2015
- BIRTH: Emmitt Verell Wright March 29, 2015
- Houston man charged in shooting incident April 1, 2015
- Coggins to lead Lenten Luncheon March 31, 2015
- Houston plans for farmer’s market March 31, 2015
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Help us “Save a Child” March 30, 2015
- Circuit Court term opened Monday March 30, 2015
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...