HOUSTON – In keeping with the Fourth of July holiday, members of the Houston Business Group (HBG) were treated to hot dogs, chips and drinks in a festive red, white and blue sidewalk setting at State Farm Insurance July 2. The Business Group held an informal discussion about what resources are available to merchants and […]
Tag Archives | Walden
HOUSTON – Not everyone caught fish but everyone did have fun. The First Annual Chickasaw Development Foundation/Houston Hawg Callers bass fishing club Legion Lake Lunker Fishing Tournament for Kids went off without a hitch as youngsters caught fish and earned $25 checks and medals for their effort. “I’ve got a pond at my house but […]
HOUSTON – He waded ashore on Normandy Beach on July 4, 1944 and was wounded twice in World War II, he then returned to Mississippi, set up a dental practice in Houston and raised a family, helping many people along the way. Dr. Herman Smith, 92, was named the Chickasaw Development Foundation’s Citizen of the […]
HOUSTON – The community will honor its very best next week at the Chickasaw Development Foundation annual banquet and meeting. The economic development event is slated for 6:30 p.m. March 25 at the First United Methodist Church, Family Life Center on North Jackson Street. “This is always one of the highlights of the year for […]
HOUSTON – Grabbing that leisure dollar is easy if the tourist are coming to town, but the secret is to make them want to come and then be ready to serve them when they get here. Michael Jones, of the Mississippi Development Authority tourism division, met with more than a dozen CDF members and local […]
HOUSTON – The Waldens have been Master Gardeners for years and their expertise and eye for landscaping shows in their yard on Hamilton Street. John and Peggy Walden’s home was chosen as the Prettiest Place in Houston by the Houston Master Gardeners recently and John Walden, who has been a Master Gardener since 2006, said […]
- Parents can be fined for truancy July 30, 2014
- Emergency July 24, 2014
- Horn/Jones July 27, 2014
- Cherry/Dendy July 27, 2014
- This story has a ring to it July 28, 2014
- What I like about Houston July 31, 2014
- Fourteen in a row! July 31, 2014
- Mississippi’s best and brightest July 31, 2014
- Houlka Attendance Center engulfed by fire (w/video) July 30, 2014
- Area school dress code policies July 30, 2014
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...
- Michael Mcalpin: So glad to have this service back locally....
- Pat Burgess: Congratulations to Jim for the award and for all t...
- Chip Ingram: My son Daniel was given a Bobbie Gentry album by ...