By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Voters head to the poll next week to pick their county and state leaders with 53 local candidates vying for 13 posts. The polls open at 7 a.m. Tuesday and close 12-hours later at 7 p.m. with voters needing to bring voting identification. Race results will be posted […]
Tag Archives | Voters
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal Chickasaw County voters chose Kelly Luther as their next Circuit Court Judge and Hugh Pettit as their next Houston School Board Trustee in Tuesday’s November runoff election. Luther garnered 1,158 votes to Shirley C. Byers’ 760 ballots in Chickasaw County for the post of Circuit Court Judge District 3, Place […]
JACKSON – Friends of Mississippi public schools are working statewide to get signatures on petitions for a constitutional amendment to require the state to adequately fund kindergarten through Grade 12. The petition drive is organized by Better Schools, Better Jobs, a statewide group formed to promote the issue for the November 2015 ballot. Signature collectors […]
HOUSTON – With races for Mayor, Chief of Police and two aldermen up for grabs, there was a steady turnout at the polls for city elections Tuesday. Races saw eight candidates busy yesterday making last minute pleas for votes and handing out campaign cards at the Chickasaw Development Foundation community center, the city’s lone voting […]
- Summer details handled by Okolona trustees July 28, 2015
- County elections are Tuesday, Aug. 4 July 31, 2015
- Two charged in Calhoun County death July 31, 2015
- Man arrested following assault with knife July 31, 2015
- Houlka aldermen updated on water, sewer issues July 31, 2015
- Back to School Calendar! August 3, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: A hot political summer August 3, 2015
- School immunization required August 2, 2015
- 2015-16 Back to School Supply lists for Houlka, Houston, Okolona August 2, 2015
- PERS retirees must stay vigilant August 2, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...