OKOLONA – Students at the Okolona Vocational Complex had a course on traffic and automobile safety April 4 thanks to a partnership of the OVC, Chickasaw County Sheriff’s Department and members of the Family, Community, Career Leaders of America club. Officer Keith Roberston was the guest speaker for the event and shared statistics on teen […]
Tag Archives | Vocational
OKOLONA – In addition to hands-on skilled and technical training, the Okolona Vocational Center offers students an extra opportunity to interact with community members. During the first semester, students participated in a safety awareness program. Members of the Okolona Fire Department visited the complex to demonstrate the propler use of fire extinguishers by creating […]
OKOLONA – Students at the Okolona Vocational Center recently received a valuable educational donation from the Okolona Community Dollars for Scholars organization. The group donated 14 iPads, valued at over $5,000, to assist students with computer literacy and college readiness and to help improve graduation rates in the district. John Standfield of OCDS presented the […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal OKOLONA – The National Organizations for Youth Safety (NOYS) hosts Global Youth Traffic Safety Month each May during prom, graduation and the beginning of the summer driving season to engage and empower youth to lead traffic safety efforts in their communities. This organization has put together the best practices for […]
- Houston considers tax increase August 27, 2014
- THOMPSON: Paying at the pump August 30, 2014
- Jori Abi Boston August 31, 2014
- ALLEN: First day at new job August 31, 2014
- BRASSFIELD: Thank you Chickasaw County! August 31, 2014
- Manning case back before Miss. Supreme Court September 2, 2014
- Police find body of missing teenager September 2, 2014
- Alleged Craigslist counterfeit scammers from Okolona, West Point arrested September 2, 2014
- Houston’s Scott receives NSHSS honor September 2, 2014
- CUNNINGHAM: Common Core linked to federal dollars September 1, 2014
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...