HOUSTON – Getting your child ready for college is one thing, getting them in is something else. The Houston School of Science and Technology (HSST) is offering a chance for parents to learn ways to help their student be successful on the state subject area tests, the ACT and applying for college scholarships. “Many parents […]
Tag Archives | Vo-Tech
HOUSTON – A Jackson law firm has been hired by the Houston School District Board of Trustees to provide legal services in an effort to get the roof fixed at the Houston School of Science and Technology. School board trustees met March 6, and after a 40-minute executive session with NewPath consultant Warren Bowen, voted […]
HOUSTON – American veterans have never been known to back off when the going gets tough. The Houston Solar Car program received a check for $10,000 recently from Mississippi VFW for their work in promoting the state and their desire to stay on the cutting edge of technology. “We are all about veterans, veteran’s families […]
HOUSTON – Trustees for the Houston School District are facing lean times with state and federal revenue dropping and the price for everything else going up. The district has proposed a 2013-14 revenue budget of $14,864,728.50 which is down from actual 2012-13 expenditures of $14,948,616. Trustees had proposed a revenue budget of $15,191,446 last year. […]
HOUSTON – The Houston School Board has hired two Tupelo lawyers to review their case and handle litigation to get leaks stopped at the School of Science and Technology. Trustees met in executive session for one hour Friday and then voted to hire attorneys Gary Carnathan and Bill Murphree to gather data and information from […]
HOUSTON – Trustees approved an invoice of $21,629.18 to NewPath Strategy Consultants at a special called meeting Friday morning. The payment of the claim was the sole action item on the agenda, but the school board did conduct a “walk-through” of all district buildings and grounds after the meeting adjourned. The board had sought NewPath’s […]
- WEDDING: Booth/Schlicht July 26, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Who deserves your vote? July 30, 2015
- County will keep inmates for free July 30, 2015
- Run right! Go long! July 30, 2015
- Woman charged with trying to sell her baby July 30, 2015
- PERS retirees must stay vigilant August 2, 2015
- Mayors takes issue with column August 1, 2015
- Wake up America, move forward August 1, 2015
- NCAA charges Southern Miss, Tyndall August 1, 2015
- Houlka aldermen updated on water, sewer issues July 31, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...