HOUSTON – Getting your child ready for college is one thing, getting them in is something else. The Houston School of Science and Technology (HSST) is offering a chance for parents to learn ways to help their student be successful on the state subject area tests, the ACT and applying for college scholarships. “Many parents […]
Tag Archives | Vo-Tech
HOUSTON – A Jackson law firm has been hired by the Houston School District Board of Trustees to provide legal services in an effort to get the roof fixed at the Houston School of Science and Technology. School board trustees met March 6, and after a 40-minute executive session with NewPath consultant Warren Bowen, voted […]
HOUSTON – American veterans have never been known to back off when the going gets tough. The Houston Solar Car program received a check for $10,000 recently from Mississippi VFW for their work in promoting the state and their desire to stay on the cutting edge of technology. “We are all about veterans, veteran’s families […]
HOUSTON – Trustees for the Houston School District are facing lean times with state and federal revenue dropping and the price for everything else going up. The district has proposed a 2013-14 revenue budget of $14,864,728.50 which is down from actual 2012-13 expenditures of $14,948,616. Trustees had proposed a revenue budget of $15,191,446 last year. […]
HOUSTON – The Houston School Board has hired two Tupelo lawyers to review their case and handle litigation to get leaks stopped at the School of Science and Technology. Trustees met in executive session for one hour Friday and then voted to hire attorneys Gary Carnathan and Bill Murphree to gather data and information from […]
HOUSTON – Trustees approved an invoice of $21,629.18 to NewPath Strategy Consultants at a special called meeting Friday morning. The payment of the claim was the sole action item on the agenda, but the school board did conduct a “walk-through” of all district buildings and grounds after the meeting adjourned. The board had sought NewPath’s […]
- Parks named to Tombigbee Water Management Board February 24, 2015
- Houston ponders community assets February 27, 2015
- Houlka smashes Smithville, falls to Coffeeville February 27, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: Quality of life February 27, 2015
- Agri-Center shaping up February 27, 2015
- Moore to attend Clinton Global Initiative March 2, 2015
- UPDATE: Four hurt, two dead in Calhoun County wreck March 2, 2015
- Lenten Luncheon continues this week March 2, 2015
- Happy Birthday Miss Zula March 1, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: God given rights February 28, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...