HOUSTON – An early morning disturbance landed two men in jail Tuesday. Chickasaw County Sheriff Jimmy Simmons said a fight inside a home on Pittsboro Street near the Hwy. 15 bypass drew officers attention when a firearm came into play. “Two boys got into it and the third boy shot a gun to break it […]
Tag Archives | violence
By Emily Wagster Pettus Associated Press JACKSON – Republican Phil Bryant is starting his third year as Mississippi governor, and he says he wants to make public safety the top focus of the 2014 legislative session, which begins at noon Tuesday. He wants to train more state troopers and create “strike force” groups to help […]
HOUSTON – Guilty pleas and sentences were entered in 15 cases heard in Chickasaw County Circuit Court May 6-10. The docket saw 36 drug-related cases set for this term with alleged crimes of burglary or larceny/embezzlement ranking second with seven cases each. The court calendar also lists six sex-related charges and five alleged crimes of […]
- Color For A Cause seeks runners August 20, 2014
- Mobile Vet Center coming to Houston August 21, 2014
- 2015 Solar Car team wants Australia August 24, 2014
- WHITFIELD: What’s in your backpack? August 24, 2014
- MCCORD: As I see it August 24, 2014
- Okolona bond vote undecided August 26, 2014
- Okolona man arrested in West Point crime August 26, 2014
- Flywheel Festival set for Sept. 26-27 August 26, 2014
- UPDATE: Search continues for Willie C. “Doc” Harries August 25, 2014
- Houston trustees meet with lawyers, again August 25, 2014
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...