HOUSTON – An early morning disturbance landed two men in jail Tuesday. Chickasaw County Sheriff Jimmy Simmons said a fight inside a home on Pittsboro Street near the Hwy. 15 bypass drew officers attention when a firearm came into play. “Two boys got into it and the third boy shot a gun to break it […]
Tag Archives | violence
By Emily Wagster Pettus Associated Press JACKSON – Republican Phil Bryant is starting his third year as Mississippi governor, and he says he wants to make public safety the top focus of the 2014 legislative session, which begins at noon Tuesday. He wants to train more state troopers and create “strike force” groups to help […]
HOUSTON – Guilty pleas and sentences were entered in 15 cases heard in Chickasaw County Circuit Court May 6-10. The docket saw 36 drug-related cases set for this term with alleged crimes of burglary or larceny/embezzlement ranking second with seven cases each. The court calendar also lists six sex-related charges and five alleged crimes of […]
- Aldermen mull vendor permits July 22, 2014
- Let’s hear it for EARS! July 25, 2014
- It’s all about passion July 25, 2014
- United Way holds Back to School resource fairs July 25, 2014
- Dodge’s Store robbed in Okolona July 25, 2014
- Reach, throw, row, go! July 29, 2014
- BRIAN LENTZ: MACJC format changes in 2015 July 28, 2014
- This story has a ring to it July 28, 2014
- Cherry/Dendy July 27, 2014
- Horn/Jones July 27, 2014
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...
- Michael Mcalpin: So glad to have this service back locally....
- Pat Burgess: Congratulations to Jim for the award and for all t...
- Chip Ingram: My son Daniel was given a Bobbie Gentry album by ...
- Pam Dendy: I have that first album. My Daddy bought it for me...