Roberts is Miss Mississippi, Molly May a finalist By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal VICKSBURG – Hannah Roberts won the Miss Mississippi pageant and will compete for the crown of Miss America in September. The 21-year-old Roberts represented Miss University of Southern Mississippi in the competition Saturday night in Vicksburg and earned a $10,000 scholarship. Roberts […]
Tag Archives | Vicksburg
FULTON – Members of the marching guard, Indianettes, drum majors and twirlers for the 2014 fall semester have been selected by the Itawamba Community College All-American Band. They include: Marching Guard – Kaitlynn Yates of Southaven; Marlexis Tate of Starkville; Brooke Irons, Jada Haughton, Emily Lee, Krystal Ward, all of Aberdeen; Ashlynn Carter, Lauren Taylor, […]
OKOLONA – Debra Ann Thompson, 50, died Friday, Dec. 6, 2013, at River Region Hospital in Vicksburg. She was born on July 6, 1963, in Okolona. She was a faithful and very active loving member of First United Methodist Church, former board member of the Chamber of Commerce, member of the American Paint Horse Association […]
OKOLONA – Debra Ann Thompson, 50, died Friday, Dec. 6, 2013, at River Region Hospital in Vicksburg after a long illness. Services will be at 2 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 15, at First United Methodist Church in Okolona. Holland Funeral Directors, Okolona Chapel, is in charge of arrangements. A full obituary will follow at a later […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – Private John Wiggs was born Western Chickasaw County, fought in the Civil War and was one of the lucky ones who returned home and lived the rest of his life among family and friends. There are still many Wiggs in that part of the county and many can trace their roots […]
Bart and Melanie Munlin of Houston are pleased to announce the engagement and forthcoming marriage of their daughter, Mary Elizabeth Munlin, to Adam Elias Arredondo, son of Elias and Glenda Arredondo of Vicksburg. The bride-elect is the granddaughter of Robin and Shirley Mathis of Houston and Wayne and Dovie Munlin of Houlka. Miss Munlin is […]
By M. Scott Morris Daily Journal A getaway can involve a vacation to a faraway place, or a visit to the backyard. Northeast Mississippi is blessed with both in the form of the Natchez Trace Parkway, a National Scenic Byway that mixes history with natural beauty. Tupelo resident Tommy Caldwell, 70, is a regular visitor […]
JACKSON – An inmate at the Mississippi State Penitentiary at Parchman was fatally stabbed today, June 11, 2013, by a fellow inmate. Offender Kelvin Bowen, # R7284, was pronounced dead at the prison hospital at 1:04 p.m. He was attacked with a sharp instrument in the hallway of a maximum security unit at Building 29 […]
- Okolona celebrates graduation May 20, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Threats and promises from lawmakers May 24, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- The best we can produce May 27, 2016
- Vardaman packs gym for graduation May 27, 2016
- Hebron clinches MAIS championship May 26, 2016
- Toppers’ Smith shuts out Newton May 26, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Helping those who help us May 26, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...