FULTON – Members of the marching guard, Indianettes, drum majors and twirlers for the 2014 fall semester have been selected by the Itawamba Community College All-American Band. They include: Marching Guard – Kaitlynn Yates of Southaven; Marlexis Tate of Starkville; Brooke Irons, Jada Haughton, Emily Lee, Krystal Ward, all of Aberdeen; Ashlynn Carter, Lauren Taylor, […]
Tag Archives | Vicksburg
OKOLONA – Debra Ann Thompson, 50, died Friday, Dec. 6, 2013, at River Region Hospital in Vicksburg. She was born on July 6, 1963, in Okolona. She was a faithful and very active loving member of First United Methodist Church, former board member of the Chamber of Commerce, member of the American Paint Horse Association […]
OKOLONA – Debra Ann Thompson, 50, died Friday, Dec. 6, 2013, at River Region Hospital in Vicksburg after a long illness. Services will be at 2 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 15, at First United Methodist Church in Okolona. Holland Funeral Directors, Okolona Chapel, is in charge of arrangements. A full obituary will follow at a later […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – Private John Wiggs was born Western Chickasaw County, fought in the Civil War and was one of the lucky ones who returned home and lived the rest of his life among family and friends. There are still many Wiggs in that part of the county and many can trace their roots […]
Bart and Melanie Munlin of Houston are pleased to announce the engagement and forthcoming marriage of their daughter, Mary Elizabeth Munlin, to Adam Elias Arredondo, son of Elias and Glenda Arredondo of Vicksburg. The bride-elect is the granddaughter of Robin and Shirley Mathis of Houston and Wayne and Dovie Munlin of Houlka. Miss Munlin is […]
By M. Scott Morris Daily Journal A getaway can involve a vacation to a faraway place, or a visit to the backyard. Northeast Mississippi is blessed with both in the form of the Natchez Trace Parkway, a National Scenic Byway that mixes history with natural beauty. Tupelo resident Tommy Caldwell, 70, is a regular visitor […]
JACKSON – An inmate at the Mississippi State Penitentiary at Parchman was fatally stabbed today, June 11, 2013, by a fellow inmate. Offender Kelvin Bowen, # R7284, was pronounced dead at the prison hospital at 1:04 p.m. He was attacked with a sharp instrument in the hallway of a maximum security unit at Building 29 […]
- Flywheel Festival set for Sept. 26-27 August 26, 2014
- This is the way we roll! August 29, 2014
- Volunteer and make a difference August 29, 2014
- Lady Tigers accept ALS challenge. August 30, 2014
- THOMPSON: Paying at the pump August 30, 2014
- CUNNINGHAM: Common Core linked to federal dollars September 1, 2014
- Hands of Hope September 1, 2014
- BRASSFIELD: Thank you Chickasaw County! August 31, 2014
- ALLEN: First day at new job August 31, 2014
- Jori Abi Boston August 31, 2014
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...