FULTON – Members of the marching guard, Indianettes, drum majors and twirlers for the 2014 fall semester have been selected by the Itawamba Community College All-American Band. They include: Marching Guard – Kaitlynn Yates of Southaven; Marlexis Tate of Starkville; Brooke Irons, Jada Haughton, Emily Lee, Krystal Ward, all of Aberdeen; Ashlynn Carter, Lauren Taylor, […]
Tag Archives | Vicksburg
OKOLONA – Debra Ann Thompson, 50, died Friday, Dec. 6, 2013, at River Region Hospital in Vicksburg. She was born on July 6, 1963, in Okolona. She was a faithful and very active loving member of First United Methodist Church, former board member of the Chamber of Commerce, member of the American Paint Horse Association […]
OKOLONA – Debra Ann Thompson, 50, died Friday, Dec. 6, 2013, at River Region Hospital in Vicksburg after a long illness. Services will be at 2 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 15, at First United Methodist Church in Okolona. Holland Funeral Directors, Okolona Chapel, is in charge of arrangements. A full obituary will follow at a later […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – Private John Wiggs was born Western Chickasaw County, fought in the Civil War and was one of the lucky ones who returned home and lived the rest of his life among family and friends. There are still many Wiggs in that part of the county and many can trace their roots […]
Bart and Melanie Munlin of Houston are pleased to announce the engagement and forthcoming marriage of their daughter, Mary Elizabeth Munlin, to Adam Elias Arredondo, son of Elias and Glenda Arredondo of Vicksburg. The bride-elect is the granddaughter of Robin and Shirley Mathis of Houston and Wayne and Dovie Munlin of Houlka. Miss Munlin is […]
By M. Scott Morris Daily Journal A getaway can involve a vacation to a faraway place, or a visit to the backyard. Northeast Mississippi is blessed with both in the form of the Natchez Trace Parkway, a National Scenic Byway that mixes history with natural beauty. Tupelo resident Tommy Caldwell, 70, is a regular visitor […]
JACKSON – An inmate at the Mississippi State Penitentiary at Parchman was fatally stabbed today, June 11, 2013, by a fellow inmate. Offender Kelvin Bowen, # R7284, was pronounced dead at the prison hospital at 1:04 p.m. He was attacked with a sharp instrument in the hallway of a maximum security unit at Building 29 […]
- Aldermen approve water meter bonds March 20, 2015
- MDWFP offers interactive map with fishing regulations March 25, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Time to plant March 26, 2015
- Supervisors waiting for roads to dry March 26, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: Tis spring and a young man’s thoughts turn to . . . baseball March 26, 2015
- IHL, Jones mull possible contract extension March 27, 2015
- Region’s jobless rate rises March 27, 2015
- Ole Miss rallies for Jones March 26, 2015
- Hilltopper tennis squeezes in games March 26, 2015
- Lady Hilltoppers are rolling March 26, 2015
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...