HOUSTON – Congressman Alan Nunnelee crawled inside the Houston Solar Car last week and took it for a spin around the parking lot. “Unbelieveable!” was all he could say when he crawled out a few minutes later. “I was at a groundbreaking this morning for a factory in Mantachie that is on the cutting edge […]
Tag Archives | VFW
This newspaper has repeatedly said one of the things Houston does best is Solar Car. And with that in mind we want to thank the local VFW Chapter, the Lowndes County Chapter and the State VFW for recently giving this program a check for $10,000. The Houston Solar Car team headed to Fort Worth, Texas […]
Halloween is over and that means next stop is Thanksgiving. I noticed several churches in the area are doing some kind of “Days of Thanksgiving” countdown to Nov. 28. Life is hard, but a quick look around shows we truly do have a lot to be thankful for in Chickasaw County. I get so fed […]
BRUCE – Zerrel Thomas Bond, 81, died Monday, Nov. 4, 2013, at his home. He was born Feb. 6, 1932, in Calhoun County. He served in the U.S. Army during the Korean War. He was a member of the VFW. He was a retired machinist for Weyerhaeuser. He attended Pleasant Ridge Baptist Church. Services will be at […]
HOUSTON – American veterans have never been known to back off when the going gets tough. The Houston Solar Car program received a check for $10,000 recently from Mississippi VFW for their work in promoting the state and their desire to stay on the cutting edge of technology. “We are all about veterans, veteran’s families […]
HOUSTON – Jesse Voyles, 82, died Thursday, Sept. 19, 2013, at his home. He was born Oct. 31, 1930, in Calhoun County to Parker Luther Voyles and Stacey Virgie Mitchell Voyles. He was an Army veteran of the Korean War. He was a member of the VFW and a Baptist. He was a man who […]
HOUSTON – There is a right way to do things in this world. The Houston Pilot Club, VFW Post 7149 and American Legion Post 95 helped dispose of a massive garrison or Holiday Flag at their annual flag retirement ceremony at Joe Brigance Park on Flag Day June 15. “Etiquette says you are not to […]
HOUSTON – As America moves faster and farther from many of the principles of its founding fathers, there are still people who hold onto honor, pride, patriotism and tradition. Members of the Houston Pilot Club, VFW and American Legion have invited the community to gather at Joe Brigance Park at 5 p.m., June 14 for […]
- Extension gives out 1,600 trees March 3, 2014
- Lady Eagles wrap in Overall March 6, 2014
- Dale Weeks March 6, 2014
- FLOYD INGRAM: A dog named Sunday March 6, 2014
- Virginia Dopson March 6, 2014
- Big Bass! March 8, 2014
- Spring forward! March 8, 2014
- WINTER JAM: Christian music festival sells out at BancorpSouth Arena March 7, 2014
- Reading is learning March 7, 2014
- All runs come to an end March 7, 2014
- Marathon set for Tanglefoot Trail | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Trail opening was top story for 2013 [...
- Tickets issued for dogs in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Robertson speaks to Okolona Aldermen [...
- DOCKET: Circuit Court in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Circuit Court verdicts imposed in Okolon...
- WEDDING: Earnest/Morgan | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] E.J. Earnest […]...
- 60th ANNIVERSARY: Rad & Betty Clark | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Ralph Coggins […]...