HOUSTON – A routine traffic stop has led to the arrest of a local man on possession charges and a continuing investigation into drug traffic in Chickasaw County. Houston police stopped a car on North Hall Street, Jan. 19 and a search of the vehicle turned up 48 grams of marijuana, scales, plastic baggies and […]
Tag Archives | VFD
HOUSTON – In the serious business of fighting fires, job one is getting a lot of water on the blaze. Houston, Woodland, Rhodes Chapel, Van Vleet, Thorn and Houlka fire departments held a practice water test Thursday night with the goal of calling in the State Insurance Commission to run a certified test that could […]
HOULKA – A Thursday night fire in Chickasaw County totally destroyed a mobile home and resulted in the death of an elderly woman. The Houlka Volunteer Fire Department was dispatched north of Houlka at 6:10 p.m. and found heavy smoke and flames coming from the double-wide trailer when they arrived on the scene. “An elderly […]
Williams stays active in community for the right reasons Editor’s Note: This is the second in a series of four articles of women making a difference in our community. HOUSTON – “People don’t volunteer anymore just because it’s the right thing to do,” said Jennifer Williams of Houston. But for Williams, volunteering is just part […]
- Houlka Community Thanksgiving is Nov. 22 November 19, 2014
- Mississippi jobless rate at 7.6 percent in October November 22, 2014
- Brand, Wright honored by ICC November 22, 2014
- BILLY McCORD: As I see it November 23, 2014
- A golfer’s tale November 23, 2014
- Houlka ready for another run this season November 25, 2014
- Bells will be ringing November 25, 2014
- ICC scholarships awarded to local students November 24, 2014
- Trustees, judges on ballot November 24, 2014
- Chieftains to stand tall on court November 24, 2014
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...