VERONA – Tyrone Thompson Sr., 55, died Monday, April 15, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center. He was born on Jan. 24, 1958, in Chickasaw County to William Henry and Joella Thompson. He worked for Homan Honey Farms for many years. He enjoyed fishing and doing handy work. He attended Siggers High and Shannon High […]
Tag Archives | Verona
VERONA – Tyrone Thompson Sr., 55, died Monday, April 15, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center. He was born on Jan. 24, 1958, in Chickasaw County to William Henry and Joella Thompson. He is survived by his mother, Joella Thompson; one son, Tyrone (Alilah) Thompson Jr.; fiancée, Kerry Traylor; grandchildren, Tilar Ty’ron Thompson, Myles Thompson, […]
EUPORA – The Rev. Douglas Browning, 81, of Eupora, born Feb. 7, 1932, in Justice, W.Va., passed peacefully from his home into the arms of Jesus on March 27, 2013. Funeral services will be 11 a.m. today at Oliver Funeral Home Chapel in Eupora with burial in the Mt. Moriah Cemetery in Webster County. The […]
..lisha Thomas Sr. VERONA – Elisha Thomas Sr. died Wednesday, Feb. 27, 2013, at the Golden Living Nursing Home in Tupelo. He was born June 19, 1923, in Maben to Berry Thomas and Lucy McElmerry Thomas. Services will be at 11 a.m. Monday at Palmetto CME Church in Verona, with the Rev. Leo Wright officiating. […]
TUPELO – Johnny Joe Watkins, 65, died Friday, Feb. 22, 2013, at his daughter’s home in Shannon. He was born Nov. 15, 1947, to Levi Watkins and Jeanette Brown Watkins. He received his education at Carver School and graduated in 1969 from Shannon School. He was a member of Second Baptist Church and a truck […]
ECRU – Jimmy Lyndon Raby, 80, died Wednesday, Jan. 30, 2013, at Darlington Oaks in Verona. He was a member of Friendship Baptist Church. He was retired from the City of Pontotoc and Pontotoc Health Services. He enjoyed listening to gospel and country music and mowing the grass. Services will be at 1 p.m. Friday […]
SHANNON – A 25-year-old Baldwyn woman has died from injuries sustained in an accident on Highway 245 around noon Christmas Day. Authorities said Amanda Autrey was a passenger in a vehicle driven by her husband, Timothy Autrey, that hydroplaned. Amanda Autrey died at 2:30 p.m. at North Mississippi Medical Center from injuries sustained in the […]
- Battle of Egypt marked and remembered March 22, 2015
- Hilltopper tennis squeezes in games March 26, 2015
- Ole Miss rallies for Jones March 26, 2015
- Region’s jobless rate rises March 27, 2015
- IHL, Jones mull possible contract extension March 27, 2015
- State releases detailed bass summary March 29, 2015
- First Turkey March 28, 2015
- One dead in crash south of Okolona March 28, 2015
- Yokohama Mississippi nearing completion March 28, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: We’d best pay attention March 28, 2015
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...