HOUSTON – State law requires parents to prove they live in a school district before they enroll a child in school. The Mississippi State Board of Education is reminding parents that falsely giving residency information is a misdemeanor and conviction can see the parent or guardian fined. Several cities in Mississippi have passed ordinances making […]
Tag Archives | Utility
HOULKA – Public Service Co mmissioner Brandon Presley wants to hear your complaints. Presley was in Houlka last week to listen to concerns about telephone service, water quality and natural gas and electricity bills. “We do this to get input from you on what public utilities in this part of Mississippi are doing for […]
Northern District Public Service Commissioner Brandon Presley will be at the Community Center in Houlka at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 8. The meeting is part of a series of to Town Hall Meetings across Northeast Mississippi to discuss issues with utility ratepayers. The public is urged to bring concerns and questions about utility rates and […]
HOUSTON – Aldermen went to the well and approved a bid of over $400,000 for new electronic water meters and installation that will go online next year. Aldermen have studied replacing the city’s 1,800 aging meters with new auto-read meters for more than a year and accepted a bid from Empire Pipe earlier this month. […]
Public Service Commissioner Brandon Presley and his staff members will hold regular office hours each month at local courthouses around North Mississippi for anyone with utility company questions or concerns. Presley will be at the Chickasaw County Courthouse in Houston from 2 to 4 p.m., the first Wednesday of each month. The first date for […]
- Futral hired as Houston City Clerk October 21, 2014
- Houston halted at homecoming October 16, 2014
- EDITORIAL: The Power of Pink October 20, 2014
- Pearson to be honored by state October 22, 2014
- Three compete for open Third District circuit judgeship October 22, 2014
- October 23, 2014
- Houston clicks on all cylinders October 23, 2014
- Public wants access to school facilities October 23, 2014
- Lady Hilltoppers stopped by Amory October 23, 2014
- United Furniture is one of two companies bidding for former Lane plant October 22, 2014
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...