HOUSTON – State law requires parents to prove they live in a school district before they enroll a child in school. The Mississippi State Board of Education is reminding parents that falsely giving residency information is a misdemeanor and conviction can see the parent or guardian fined. Several cities in Mississippi have passed ordinances making […]
Tag Archives | Utility
HOULKA – Public Service Co mmissioner Brandon Presley wants to hear your complaints. Presley was in Houlka last week to listen to concerns about telephone service, water quality and natural gas and electricity bills. “We do this to get input from you on what public utilities in this part of Mississippi are doing for […]
Northern District Public Service Commissioner Brandon Presley will be at the Community Center in Houlka at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 8. The meeting is part of a series of to Town Hall Meetings across Northeast Mississippi to discuss issues with utility ratepayers. The public is urged to bring concerns and questions about utility rates and […]
HOUSTON – Aldermen went to the well and approved a bid of over $400,000 for new electronic water meters and installation that will go online next year. Aldermen have studied replacing the city’s 1,800 aging meters with new auto-read meters for more than a year and accepted a bid from Empire Pipe earlier this month. […]
Public Service Commissioner Brandon Presley and his staff members will hold regular office hours each month at local courthouses around North Mississippi for anyone with utility company questions or concerns. Presley will be at the Chickasaw County Courthouse in Houston from 2 to 4 p.m., the first Wednesday of each month. The first date for […]
- Flywheel Festival set for Sept. 26-27 August 26, 2014
- This is the way we roll! August 29, 2014
- Volunteer and make a difference August 29, 2014
- Lady Tigers accept ALS challenge. August 30, 2014
- THOMPSON: Paying at the pump August 30, 2014
- CUNNINGHAM: Common Core linked to federal dollars September 1, 2014
- Hands of Hope September 1, 2014
- BRASSFIELD: Thank you Chickasaw County! August 31, 2014
- ALLEN: First day at new job August 31, 2014
- Jori Abi Boston August 31, 2014
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...