CHICKASAW COUNTY – School is out and hundreds of kids who might go hungry in Chickasaw County during the summer break will get two good meals a day. Schools in Okolona and Houlka have embarked on a federal program this week that will see kids 18 and under who were in school last spring get […]
Tag Archives | USDA
WASHINGTON, D.C. – The U.S. Department of Agriculture is seeking comments on proposed amendments to procedures for soybean producers to request a referendum on the Soybean Promotion and Research Order as authorized under the Soybean Promotion, Research, and Consumer Information Act. USDA also announces the Request for Referendum will be held May 5, through May […]
HOUSTON – In the garden of economic development a community has to have water to make industrial, commercial and residential property bloom. The Houston Board of Aldermen was handed a breakdown of proposed water rate increases to be spread over industrial, residential and commercial customers by Mayor Stacey Parker at the city’s regular first-Tuesday meeting […]
HOUSTON – A major expenditure to upgrade the city’s water meters will be discussed at a meeting set for City Hall next week. The Houston Board of Aldermen is seeking funds through the U.S. Department of Agriculture to purchase electronic water meters that would replace the city’s aging mechanical meters, make reading residential water bills […]
SPRINGDALE, Ark. – James Ellis Sugg, 70, died Saturday, April 13, 2013, at Northwest Medical Center in Springdale, Ark. He was born Nov. 24, 1942, in West Point to Harry C and Mary Riley Sugg. He was a retired food inspector for the U.S.D.A. He was a 32nd degree Mason and Shriner. He was a […]
- Sundancer seeks 14th national title: Houston racers head to Texas for Solar Car Challenge July 18, 2014
- MDOT changes weight limits on county bridges July 22, 2014
- Houston man arrested for rustling July 22, 2014
- Natchez Trace has $139M impact July 22, 2014
- Houston Solar Race team out in front July 23, 2014
- It’s all about passion July 25, 2014
- Let’s hear it for EARS! July 25, 2014
- Houston Solar Car team wins 14th Solar Challenge July 25, 2014
- UPDATE: Nineteen arrested in Itawamba drug sting July 25, 2014
- Sales tax holiday starts after midnight July 24, 2014
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...
- Michael Mcalpin: So glad to have this service back locally....
- Pat Burgess: Congratulations to Jim for the award and for all t...
- Chip Ingram: My son Daniel was given a Bobbie Gentry album by ...
- Pam Dendy: I have that first album. My Daddy bought it for me...