Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – On May 1, Tom Byrne, representing the P.A.C.E. Foundation, visited Houston Upper Elementary School. He awarded cash prizes to thirty-three deserving students in grades 3 through 5 for their achievement in the Accelerated Reading Program for the second semester. The AR Program is a voluntary program that encourages […]
Tag Archives | Upper
Special to the Chickasaw Journal Houston Upper Elementary has released the students of the week for April 15-19. Third Grade Brittany Alford-Jermaine Cockrell Brooke Alford-Khenyia Williams Atkins-Katie Hill Hillhouse-Jas-meaira Cousin McFarland-Lane Holmes Owens-Kylen Echoles Fourth Grade Davis-Julius Bell Kimbrough-Shondra Burt Kirby-Mary Grace Jernigan Love-Joseph Stevens Moore-Cade Ellison Fifth Grade Carr-Tramon Robinson Hodnett-Jamiya CUnningham
HOUSTON – The Parent Teacher Organization at Houston Upper Elementary School made a significant donation to the school recently. The PTO donated $7,000 to help place Smartboards in each classroom to assist teachers and students. PTO President Edie Myatt said the group was happy to assist in the project. “We used Great American fundraising,” Myatt […]
HOUSTON – A positive approach to discipline creates a positive learning environment and gives students a positive outlook on life. The Houston Upper Elementary School implemented PBIS (Positive Behavioral Interventions and Support) last year and has been named a model school by program authors at the state level. “The goal is to prevent behavior problems […]
- DANIEL GARDNER: Divide or unite March 21, 2015
- Lady Hilltoppers are rolling March 26, 2015
- Hilltopper tennis squeezes in games March 26, 2015
- Ole Miss rallies for Jones March 26, 2015
- Region’s jobless rate rises March 27, 2015
- First Turkey March 28, 2015
- One dead in crash south of Okolona March 28, 2015
- Yokohama Mississippi nearing completion March 28, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: We’d best pay attention March 28, 2015
- Easter Egg Hunt is noon Saturday March 27, 2015
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...