Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON - On May 1, Tom Byrne, representing the P.A.C.E. Foundation, visited Houston Upper Elementary School. He awarded cash prizes to thirty-three deserving students in grades 3 through 5 for their achievement in the Accelerated Reading Program for the second semester. The AR Program is a voluntary program that encourages […]
Tag Archives | Upper
Special to the Chickasaw Journal Houston Upper Elementary has released the students of the week for April 15-19. Third Grade Brittany Alford-Jermaine Cockrell Brooke Alford-Khenyia Williams Atkins-Katie Hill Hillhouse-Jas-meaira Cousin McFarland-Lane Holmes Owens-Kylen Echoles Fourth Grade Davis-Julius Bell Kimbrough-Shondra Burt Kirby-Mary Grace Jernigan Love-Joseph Stevens Moore-Cade Ellison Fifth Grade Carr-Tramon Robinson Hodnett-Jamiya CUnningham
HOUSTON – The Parent Teacher Organization at Houston Upper Elementary School made a significant donation to the school recently. The PTO donated $7,000 to help place Smartboards in each classroom to assist teachers and students. PTO President Edie Myatt said the group was happy to assist in the project. “We used Great American fundraising,” Myatt […]
HOUSTON – A positive approach to discipline creates a positive learning environment and gives students a positive outlook on life. The Houston Upper Elementary School implemented PBIS (Positive Behavioral Interventions and Support) last year and has been named a model school by program authors at the state level. “The goal is to prevent behavior problems […]
- Houston investigates racial slur October 24, 2014
- McClain earns Sonic’s Hall of Fame award October 28, 2014
- DAR: Patriotism, God and country October 28, 2014
- Sweater drive underway October 29, 2014
- Number 1 October 29, 2014
- BOO Bash October 31, 2014
- Sweet Potato Festival set for Saturday October 31, 2014
- Wildcats fall to Biggersville October 30, 2014
- Houston eyes playoffs October 30, 2014
- FLOYD INGRAM: Houston isn’t a bad place to live October 30, 2014
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...