Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – On May 1, Tom Byrne, representing the P.A.C.E. Foundation, visited Houston Upper Elementary School. He awarded cash prizes to thirty-three deserving students in grades 3 through 5 for their achievement in the Accelerated Reading Program for the second semester. The AR Program is a voluntary program that encourages […]
Tag Archives | Upper
Special to the Chickasaw Journal Houston Upper Elementary has released the students of the week for April 15-19. Third Grade Brittany Alford-Jermaine Cockrell Brooke Alford-Khenyia Williams Atkins-Katie Hill Hillhouse-Jas-meaira Cousin McFarland-Lane Holmes Owens-Kylen Echoles Fourth Grade Davis-Julius Bell Kimbrough-Shondra Burt Kirby-Mary Grace Jernigan Love-Joseph Stevens Moore-Cade Ellison Fifth Grade Carr-Tramon Robinson Hodnett-Jamiya CUnningham
HOUSTON – The Parent Teacher Organization at Houston Upper Elementary School made a significant donation to the school recently. The PTO donated $7,000 to help place Smartboards in each classroom to assist teachers and students. PTO President Edie Myatt said the group was happy to assist in the project. “We used Great American fundraising,” Myatt […]
HOUSTON – A positive approach to discipline creates a positive learning environment and gives students a positive outlook on life. The Houston Upper Elementary School implemented PBIS (Positive Behavioral Interventions and Support) last year and has been named a model school by program authors at the state level. “The goal is to prevent behavior problems […]
- TIP IT OFF! November 20, 2014
- Trustees, judges on ballot November 24, 2014
- ICC scholarships awarded to local students November 24, 2014
- Bells will be ringing November 25, 2014
- Houlka ready for another run this season November 25, 2014
- Houlka powers past North Pontotoc November 27, 2014
- Houston nips Wildcats November 27, 2014
- Shop local November 27, 2014
- A reason to be thankful November 27, 2014
- Davis Lake bridge bids opened November 27, 2014
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...