COLUMBUS – Students named to the Dean’s List for the spring 2014 semester include several local scholars. To qualify for the Dean’s List, the student must be enrolled full-time and have a quality point average of 3.5 o 3.99 on a 4.0 scale. Dean’s List students from the readership area include: • Donna Clark of […]
Tag Archives | University
ALPHARETTA, Ga. – Billy Frank Finley Jr., 51, died Sunday, Dec. 15, 2013, at his residence in Alpharetta, Ga. He was born July 24, 1962, in Aberdeen in Monroe County to Billy Frank Finley and Mary Armon Wood Finley. He attended Amory schools before the family relocated to Meridian. He graduated from Clarkdale High School […]
HOUSTON – Most people have a vegetable garden each summer, but doing it on a commercial scale and making money at it takes special skills and a lot of sweat equity. Doil Moore and James Earnest tend to roughly 25-acres south of Houston and pull tomatoes, onions, peppers, okra, cucumbers, squash, beans, potatoes and peas […]
STARKVILLE – Several students from the readership area were candidates for graduation following the spring 2013 term at Mississippi State University. Graduates and their degrees are listed below with recognition for honor graduates. * Kevin Burdine of Houlka, College of Arts and Sciences, MPPA * Denise Crape of Okolona, College of Arts and Sciences, BS […]
H OUSTON – It was so typical of a little town called Houston. The community gathered in Joe Brigance Park Monday night to watch the Mississippi State Bulldog baseball team play in the College World Series in Omaha, Neb. While the Bulldogs lost the first game, plans were to host it again Tuesday night and […]
The community is being invited to Joe Brigance Park tonight to watch the Mississippi State Bulldog baseball team play in the College World Series in Omaha, Neb. A big-screen TV will be set up in the park courtesy of Shane and Kristy Booth and Puddle Jumpers. “This is Houston at it’s best,” said Houston Mayor […]
OXFORD – A new service group comprised of students at the University of Mississippi is swinging into action to help the Children’s Miracle Network. RebelTHON will be held April 5-6 from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. at the Jackson Avenue Center in Oxford. The event is based on a dance marathon, but not limited to […]
From Special Reports STARKVILLE — The Mississippi State University Foundation hass announced 2013 leaders and incoming members for the 46-seat board of directors that guides the fundraising arm of the 135-year-old land grant institution. Incoming officers with one-year terms that began Jan. 1 include: Bobby S. Shackouls of Houston, Texas; Earnest W. “Earnie” Deavenport of […]
- Gas goes under $2 January 23, 2015
- United needs to fill 300 jobs – quickly January 27, 2015
- Arrested party host identified January 27, 2015
- NEMCC students nominated to Who’s Who. January 27, 2015
- State Auditor recovers $70,000 For City of Greenville January 28, 2015
- Knight turn out lights on Houston January 29, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: The culture of the Super Bowl January 29, 2015
- EDITORIAL: A tough job January 29, 2015
- County seeks to refinance jail bonds January 29, 2015
- Locals serve on Indian Delegation January 28, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...