HOUSTON – The line stretched out the front door and half way around Houston First United Methodist Church Saturday morning as the community gets ready for the first day of school. The United Way and local civic groups hosted Houston’s first United Way Back 2 School resource fair where youngsters and parents got school supplies […]
Tag Archives | united way
HOUSTON – The cost of getting a child ready and equipped for the first day of school is no negligible sum. To alleviate the stress of costly school supplies for families in need, the United Way kicked off its annual Back 2 School resource fair last week. The resource fair began in 2011 and took […]
HOUSTON – Teaching kids to read is a critical skill in school and teaching kids to read early helps kids excel in school. The Houston Carnegie Library is kicking off EARS (Educational Awareness Resource Service) this week, a new program aimed at under-privileged kids but open to all children entering kindergarten or who completed kindergarten […]
HOUSTON – Franklin Corporation entered the United Way of Northeast Mississippi competition with a food sculpture representing what it does best, by building a recliner that moves. Companies across Northeast Mississippi were asked to contribute to the United Way “United Against Hunger” food drive to celebrate a record-breaking year and to provide food […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – Nobody knows the needs of Chickasaw County better than the people who live in Chickasaw County United Way provided $116,302 of assistance to 32 agencies serving people from Chickasaw County last year and those agencies have requested roughly $159,850 this year. And the people who will make those two different numbers meet […]
HOUSTON – There are always people in need and that means Chickasaw County needs United Way now more than ever. United Way provided $116,302 of assistance to 32 agencies serving people from Chickasaw County last year and those agencies have requested roughly $159,850 this year. “The goal this year for United Way of North Mississippi […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – There will always be people who need help with medical bills, housing, clothing and even buying food for their families and thankfully United Way of Chickasaw County is there to help. The Chickasaw County United Way Allocations Committee met last week to do the tough job of distributing local funds to local […]
There are always people in need and that means Chickasaw County needs United Way now more than ever. United Way provided $115,719 of assistance to 33 agencies serving people from Chickasaw County last year and those agencies have requested roughly $177,650 this year. “Our goal this year is $2.3 million for United Way of North […]
- County picks MedStat ambulances September 25, 2014
- RENEE CUNNINGHAM: Common Core; Do the math September 27, 2014
- Future of farming September 28, 2014
- NMMC offers pastoral education program September 28, 2014
- Aldermen eye Ethics opinion September 29, 2014
- EPA conducts water quality study on Chico Creek October 1, 2014
- WEEK 6: AP high school football state rankings September 30, 2014
- Senate not only race on November ballot September 30, 2014
- Houston donates bus to Chickasaw EMA September 30, 2014
- Enterovirus D68 confirmed in Calhoun County September 30, 2014
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...