CHICKASAW COUNTY – Deep pockets solve lots of problems and a group of Chicksasaw County volunteers did their best last week to make United Way dollars solve as many as possible. The United Way Chickasaw County Funds Distribution Committee finished up their allocation of 2015 dollars recently for agencies that will fund services to local […]
Tag Archives | united way
HOUSTON – There are always people in need and that means Chickasaw County needs United Way now more than ever. United Way provided $102,000 of assistance to 32 agencies serving people from Chickasaw County last year and this year 30 agencies have requested roughly $106,000. Mike Mitchell, United Way Campaign Associate, said it is no […]
HOUSTON – The line stretched out the front door and half way around Houston First United Methodist Church Saturday morning as the community gets ready for the first day of school. The United Way and local civic groups hosted Houston’s first United Way Back 2 School resource fair where youngsters and parents got school supplies […]
HOUSTON – The cost of getting a child ready and equipped for the first day of school is no negligible sum. To alleviate the stress of costly school supplies for families in need, the United Way kicked off its annual Back 2 School resource fair last week. The resource fair began in 2011 and took […]
HOUSTON – Teaching kids to read is a critical skill in school and teaching kids to read early helps kids excel in school. The Houston Carnegie Library is kicking off EARS (Educational Awareness Resource Service) this week, a new program aimed at under-privileged kids but open to all children entering kindergarten or who completed kindergarten […]
HOUSTON – Franklin Corporation entered the United Way of Northeast Mississippi competition with a food sculpture representing what it does best, by building a recliner that moves. Companies across Northeast Mississippi were asked to contribute to the United Way “United Against Hunger” food drive to celebrate a record-breaking year and to provide food […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – Nobody knows the needs of Chickasaw County better than the people who live in Chickasaw County United Way provided $116,302 of assistance to 32 agencies serving people from Chickasaw County last year and those agencies have requested roughly $159,850 this year. And the people who will make those two different numbers meet […]
HOUSTON – There are always people in need and that means Chickasaw County needs United Way now more than ever. United Way provided $116,302 of assistance to 32 agencies serving people from Chickasaw County last year and those agencies have requested roughly $159,850 this year. “The goal this year for United Way of North Mississippi […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – There will always be people who need help with medical bills, housing, clothing and even buying food for their families and thankfully United Way of Chickasaw County is there to help. The Chickasaw County United Way Allocations Committee met last week to do the tough job of distributing local funds to local […]
There are always people in need and that means Chickasaw County needs United Way now more than ever. United Way provided $115,719 of assistance to 33 agencies serving people from Chickasaw County last year and those agencies have requested roughly $177,650 this year. “Our goal this year is $2.3 million for United Way of North […]
- Vardaman softball coach arrested April 18, 2015
- CenterStage to perform at ICC April 22, 2015
- Cyclist dies on Natchez Trace Parkway April 22, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Voice your vote April 23, 2015
- Testing time April 23, 2015
- Locals serve on Indian Delegation April 25, 2015
- State benefits from Natchez Trace Parkway visitors April 24, 2015
- Houston hosts Flywheel Festival April 24, 2015
- Houston honors best and brightest April 23, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: Flywheel fun starts Friday April 23, 2015
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...