By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – An alert Chickasaw County Sheriff’s deputy spotted a flashlight shining in a farm field north of Houston and upon investigation uncovered a massive theft operation spanning several counties and three states. Victor Huffman, 58, of County Road 190, was arrested Monday April 6, on multiple counts of burglary, […]
Tag Archives | union
Special to the Chickasaw Journal Freezing rain was reported in some parts of Northeast Mississippi Monday creating slick roadways, but no major problems had developed. The University of Mississippi delayed opening until 10 a.m. Oxford Schools ran buses and opened two hours later than usual but intend to stay open all day. Lafayette County Schools […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal TUPELO – An Okolona man was formally charged Thursday with two counts of burglary in Lee County. Officials in Itawamba, Pontotoc, Marshall, Tippah and Union counties could add charges later. Garcia, 39, is accused of breaking into houses in the northeast and northwest portions of the county. He was arrested […]
Economic development has changed and is no longer the business where men in suits travel the country and the world visiting with industrialist seeking to lure them to our area. Today’s factory announcement comes after the company has carefully looked over a community without us knowing about it and then makes a phone call saying […]
More than 50 volunteers and local emergency services employees fanned out over Houston Monday looking for Willie Harries who has been missing since Saturday. The search team gathered at Center Hill Missionary Baptist Church in North Houston again Monday afternoon and did an intense gridded search of the Second and Third Avenue neighborhood that Harries […]
Eleven more indictments from the April 15-16 Union County grand jury session have been released by the circuit clerk’s office. Indictments remain secret until defendants are served with the indictment papers. While a majority of the more recent releases involve drug charges, other crimes alleged include grand larceny, child endangerment and identity fraud. Newly released […]
HOUSTON – Most people don’t know Okolona was raided by Union forces at least four times during the Civil War with at least two other skirmishes occurring around this “bread basket of the Confederacy.” The 150th anniversary of the Civil War has sparked interest in events that occurred in this area and the Chickasaw County […]
OKOLONA – The Civil War sweeps through Chickasaw County next week as re-enactors gather at Prairie Mound to dig into history and maybe dig up a little treasure. Event organizers have been making plans for this re-enactment for more than a year and have gotten the community and the site ready for what they hope […]
- Vardaman wins homecoming, 48-7 October 1, 2015
- Chasing the dream October 6, 2015
- BIRTH: Carolyn Jayde King October 6, 2015
- State, federal duck stamps available online October 7, 2015
- Man shot in arm by 17-year-old girl October 7, 2015
- Lady Toppers claim District October 8, 2015
- CHASING THE SUN: Houston Solar Car team heads west to Australia October 8, 2015
- Toppers in control October 8, 2015
- Volunteers spruce up Tanglefoot Trail October 8, 2015
- Houlka teacher waives probable cause hearing October 8, 2015
- Gilbie Rivas: Hey ideas - I was enlightened by the info , Does a...
- George Edgar Worley: See Sparethekids.com and BeatingBlackKids.com for ...
- George Edgar Worley: WATCH Montel Williams on School Paddling of Studen...
- George Edgar Worley: #BlackLivesMatter ? #srebeducation Students to Sch...
- George Edgar Worley: WATCH Documentary Exposes the Brutally Violent TRU...