By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – An alert Chickasaw County Sheriff’s deputy spotted a flashlight shining in a farm field north of Houston and upon investigation uncovered a massive theft operation spanning several counties and three states. Victor Huffman, 58, of County Road 190, was arrested Monday April 6, on multiple counts of burglary, […]
Tag Archives | union
Special to the Chickasaw Journal Freezing rain was reported in some parts of Northeast Mississippi Monday creating slick roadways, but no major problems had developed. The University of Mississippi delayed opening until 10 a.m. Oxford Schools ran buses and opened two hours later than usual but intend to stay open all day. Lafayette County Schools […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal TUPELO – An Okolona man was formally charged Thursday with two counts of burglary in Lee County. Officials in Itawamba, Pontotoc, Marshall, Tippah and Union counties could add charges later. Garcia, 39, is accused of breaking into houses in the northeast and northwest portions of the county. He was arrested […]
Economic development has changed and is no longer the business where men in suits travel the country and the world visiting with industrialist seeking to lure them to our area. Today’s factory announcement comes after the company has carefully looked over a community without us knowing about it and then makes a phone call saying […]
More than 50 volunteers and local emergency services employees fanned out over Houston Monday looking for Willie Harries who has been missing since Saturday. The search team gathered at Center Hill Missionary Baptist Church in North Houston again Monday afternoon and did an intense gridded search of the Second and Third Avenue neighborhood that Harries […]
Eleven more indictments from the April 15-16 Union County grand jury session have been released by the circuit clerk’s office. Indictments remain secret until defendants are served with the indictment papers. While a majority of the more recent releases involve drug charges, other crimes alleged include grand larceny, child endangerment and identity fraud. Newly released […]
HOUSTON – Most people don’t know Okolona was raided by Union forces at least four times during the Civil War with at least two other skirmishes occurring around this “bread basket of the Confederacy.” The 150th anniversary of the Civil War has sparked interest in events that occurred in this area and the Chickasaw County […]
OKOLONA – The Civil War sweeps through Chickasaw County next week as re-enactors gather at Prairie Mound to dig into history and maybe dig up a little treasure. Event organizers have been making plans for this re-enactment for more than a year and have gotten the community and the site ready for what they hope […]
- COPES: Super Moms honored May 20, 2015
- Hill named to National Society of Collegiate Scholars May 19, 2015
- Okolona graduates urged to excel May 21, 2015
- East Webster toppled by inside-the-park HR in Game Two May 21, 2015
- Houston aldermen discuss Park & Recreation funds May 22, 2015
- State of the Region Meeting is Wednesday May 26, 2015
- Click It or Ticket! May 25, 2015
- Monday morning Memorial Day May 24, 2015
- Looking at the future May 24, 2015
- Spring squirrel season opens May 23, 2015
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...