By Lynn West New Albany Gazette The Union County Sheriff’s Department seized what was called one of the largest amounts of pure “ice,” or crystal methamphetamine, in anyone’s memory. Four individuals were taken into custody Friday, and more than $1,000 in cash was seized as well. Sheriff Jimmy Edwards said the drug seized weighted 44 […]
Tag Archives | Union County
By Lynn West New Albany Gazette An arrest Friday by the Union County Sheriff’s Department has led to the solving of at least a dozen Northeast Mississippi residential burglaries, although none apparently occurred in Union County. Now, Sheriff Jimmy Edwards and officers are trying to find out to whom the recovered stolen items – valued […]
Daily Journal A Union County woman has been arrested for allegedly attempting to make money from a tragic situation, announced Attorney General Jim Hood today. Janet Posey, 39, of Blue Springs, was arrested last night at her home in Union County by investigators with the Attorney General’s Consumer Protection Division with assistance from the Union […]
More than 50 additional indictments from the Union County April 15-16 grand jury session have been released by the circuit clerk’s office. Indictments remain secret until defendants are taken into custody (if they are not already jailed) and formally served with the indictment papers. Officials said about 40 more indictments remain unreleased. Typically, the last […]
By Lynn West New Albany Gazette NEW ALBANY – Nearly 40 local residents received an abrupt wake-up call Tuesday as a drug task force led by New Albany police made a series of surprise arrests starting about 4:30 a.m. Chief Chris Robertson said the sweep, dubbed “Operation Fish Net,” was the culmination of eight months’ […]
HOULKA – Murleane Todd McGill died suddenly at the Trace Regional Hospital on Saturday, March 29, 2014, and is now at peace in the presence of her Lord. She was born on March 5, 1930, in Union County, Miss. A celebration of her life will be held at New Parkersburg Baptist Church on Tuesday, April […]
By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Jackson Bureau JACKSON – Attorney General Jim Hood says the ruling last week by a Hinds County circuit judge blocking the enactment of a law clarifying Mississippi as a state where people can openly carry a weapon doesn’t apply outside the judge’s Hinds County jurisdiction. “I do not believe that […]
- Summer details handled by Okolona trustees July 28, 2015
- County elections are Tuesday, Aug. 4 July 31, 2015
- Two charged in Calhoun County death July 31, 2015
- Man arrested following assault with knife July 31, 2015
- Houlka aldermen updated on water, sewer issues July 31, 2015
- Back to School Calendar! August 3, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: A hot political summer August 3, 2015
- School immunization required August 2, 2015
- 2015-16 Back to School Supply lists for Houlka, Houston, Okolona August 2, 2015
- PERS retirees must stay vigilant August 2, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...