By Lynn West New Albany Gazette An arrest Friday by the Union County Sheriff’s Department has led to the solving of at least a dozen Northeast Mississippi residential burglaries, although none apparently occurred in Union County. Now, Sheriff Jimmy Edwards and officers are trying to find out to whom the recovered stolen items – valued […]
Tag Archives | Union County
Daily Journal A Union County woman has been arrested for allegedly attempting to make money from a tragic situation, announced Attorney General Jim Hood today. Janet Posey, 39, of Blue Springs, was arrested last night at her home in Union County by investigators with the Attorney General’s Consumer Protection Division with assistance from the Union […]
More than 50 additional indictments from the Union County April 15-16 grand jury session have been released by the circuit clerk’s office. Indictments remain secret until defendants are taken into custody (if they are not already jailed) and formally served with the indictment papers. Officials said about 40 more indictments remain unreleased. Typically, the last […]
By Lynn West New Albany Gazette NEW ALBANY – Nearly 40 local residents received an abrupt wake-up call Tuesday as a drug task force led by New Albany police made a series of surprise arrests starting about 4:30 a.m. Chief Chris Robertson said the sweep, dubbed “Operation Fish Net,” was the culmination of eight months’ […]
HOULKA – Murleane Todd McGill died suddenly at the Trace Regional Hospital on Saturday, March 29, 2014, and is now at peace in the presence of her Lord. She was born on March 5, 1930, in Union County, Miss. A celebration of her life will be held at New Parkersburg Baptist Church on Tuesday, April […]
By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Jackson Bureau JACKSON – Attorney General Jim Hood says the ruling last week by a Hinds County circuit judge blocking the enactment of a law clarifying Mississippi as a state where people can openly carry a weapon doesn’t apply outside the judge’s Hinds County jurisdiction. “I do not believe that […]
- Schools announce Wednesday closings February 25, 2015
- GOP federal prosecutor to challenge Hood for AG February 27, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: God given rights February 28, 2015
- Happy Birthday Miss Zula March 1, 2015
- Lenten Luncheon continues this week March 2, 2015
- Bats go cold in Bulldogs’ first loss March 4, 2015
- Habitat seeks potential homeowners March 4, 2015
- Mitchell Adair named Hinds 2014 graduate March 3, 2015
- Another winter storm may await March 3, 2015
- Chickasaw United Way allocates dollars March 3, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...