CHICKASAW COUNTY – The local job market continues to offer work but Chickasaw County’s unemployment rates did creep up to 8.7 percent last month. Houston got news last month that Quality Iron was expanding and would soon add 40-50 fabrication jobs. United Furniture in Wren announced in July it was adding […]
Tag Archives | Union County
By Lynn West New Albany Gazette The Union County Sheriff’s Department seized what was called one of the largest amounts of pure “ice,” or crystal methamphetamine, in anyone’s memory. Four individuals were taken into custody Friday, and more than $1,000 in cash was seized as well. Sheriff Jimmy Edwards said the drug seized weighted 44 […]
By Lynn West New Albany Gazette An arrest Friday by the Union County Sheriff’s Department has led to the solving of at least a dozen Northeast Mississippi residential burglaries, although none apparently occurred in Union County. Now, Sheriff Jimmy Edwards and officers are trying to find out to whom the recovered stolen items – valued […]
Daily Journal A Union County woman has been arrested for allegedly attempting to make money from a tragic situation, announced Attorney General Jim Hood today. Janet Posey, 39, of Blue Springs, was arrested last night at her home in Union County by investigators with the Attorney General’s Consumer Protection Division with assistance from the Union […]
More than 50 additional indictments from the Union County April 15-16 grand jury session have been released by the circuit clerk’s office. Indictments remain secret until defendants are taken into custody (if they are not already jailed) and formally served with the indictment papers. Officials said about 40 more indictments remain unreleased. Typically, the last […]
By Lynn West New Albany Gazette NEW ALBANY – Nearly 40 local residents received an abrupt wake-up call Tuesday as a drug task force led by New Albany police made a series of surprise arrests starting about 4:30 a.m. Chief Chris Robertson said the sweep, dubbed “Operation Fish Net,” was the culmination of eight months’ […]
HOULKA – Murleane Todd McGill died suddenly at the Trace Regional Hospital on Saturday, March 29, 2014, and is now at peace in the presence of her Lord. She was born on March 5, 1930, in Union County, Miss. A celebration of her life will be held at New Parkersburg Baptist Church on Tuesday, April […]
By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Jackson Bureau JACKSON – Attorney General Jim Hood says the ruling last week by a Hinds County circuit judge blocking the enactment of a law clarifying Mississippi as a state where people can openly carry a weapon doesn’t apply outside the judge’s Hinds County jurisdiction. “I do not believe that […]
- Teachers to be allowed to paddle September 28, 2015
- DUKE DENTON: Hospitals owe patients a list of procedure costs September 27, 2015
- Vardaman wins homecoming, 48-7 October 1, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Let’s get on the Trail October 1, 2015
- Flywheel Festival was fall fun October 1, 2015
- WEDDING: Adams / Gregory October 4, 2015
- WEDDING: Byrne / Blissard October 4, 2015
- AREA ROUNDUP: Adams scores three touchdowns in limited action October 3, 2015
- Tanglefoot Trail signs destroyed in Pontotoc County October 3, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: Politicians parsing words October 3, 2015
- George Edgar Worley: See Sparethekids.com and BeatingBlackKids.com for ...
- George Edgar Worley: WATCH Montel Williams on School Paddling of Studen...
- George Edgar Worley: #BlackLivesMatter ? #srebeducation Students to Sch...
- George Edgar Worley: WATCH Documentary Exposes the Brutally Violent TRU...
- Carolyn Goggans: In the pictures above ( the second from the bottom...