UNA – Perfect weather made for a perfect weekend at the Una Fun Fest Friday night and Saturday morning. “We got a cool breeze Friday night and the Lord just blessed our Gospel singing,” said Sandra Wofford, secretary for Una Fun Fest. “It was hot Saturday, but there was plenty of shade and our booths […]
Tag Archives | Una
UNA – It started with a discussion at a family reunion about a way to make something good happen in Una and quickly grew into a community event that everyone enjoys. The Eighth Annual Una Fun Fest will be held June 6-7 at the community park and pavilion in Una and the public is being […]
The engagement of Ms. Michelle (Shelley) Faye Moss of Houlka and Mrs. Charles William (Bill) Bean of Una is being announced. She is the daughter of Michael and Sarah Moss of Houlka and he is the son of Willie and Patti Jo Bean of Una. The bride-elect is a load planning specialist at Franklin Corporation […]
WEST POINT – Rowena “Cooter” Doss Davidson, 88, died Saturday, March 8, 2014, at her home in the Brand community. She was born Dec. 6, 1925, to George Butler Doss and Cinderella Parker Doss. She was a member of Union Baptist Church in Brand. She had a passion for people. Services will be at 1 […]
PRAIRIE – Mary E. Smitherman Smith, 89, passed away on Friday, June 7, 2013, at her home in the Una community of Prairie. She was born April 22, 1924, in Monroe County to Bertie Barnes and Grady Smitherman. She had worked at TIL Garment Factory in Aberdeen, retiring in 1981. During World War II she […]
UNA – It was a simple idea – to renovate the old,unused baseball field in Una to be used by children, youth and community members as a fellowship area. As good ideas go, this one has grown to include the installation of a walking track, community building and an annual festival to celebrate community spirit. […]
ABERDEEN – Charles Ervin Poss, 74, died Friday, May 24, 2013, at his residence. He was born April 17, 1939, in Una in Clay County, to Walter Howard Poss and Raine Barnes Poss. He had lived in Aberdeen for the past 56 years. He loved the outdoors and enjoyed fishing, gardening, listening to gospel music, […]
UNA – A.C. Hatchett, 89, died Thursday, May 16, 2013 at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. Funeral services are at 11 a.m. Wednesday at Union Baptist M.B. Church. Burial will follow in the Union Baptist Church Cemetery. Visitation iss from 4 to 6 p.m. Tuesday at Carter Funeral Home, who is handling all arrangements. […]
WEST POINT – Robert E. “Bob” Valentine, 73, died Tuesday, March 12, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in West Point. He was born April 30, 1939, to Elton Lee and Hazel Kendrick Valentine. He married Bobbie Crosswhite Valentine on Jan. 13, 1967. He was retired from a career as an insurance salesman, where he […]
- When seconds count October 13, 2014
- FLOYD INGRAM: “Hail Dear Old State” October 16, 2014
- HOUSTON HOMECOMING QUEEN 2014 October 16, 2014
- County revisits dog law October 17, 2014
- Art in the Park October 17, 2014
- Molly May faces breast cancer head on October 20, 2014
- Pharr/Hollingsworth October 19, 2014
- Hankins/Akins October 19, 2014
- RENEE CUNNINGHAM: Common Core: New math isn’t new October 18, 2014
- Crowds pack Cornbread Festival October 17, 2014
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...