UNA – Perfect weather made for a perfect weekend at the Una Fun Fest Friday night and Saturday morning. “We got a cool breeze Friday night and the Lord just blessed our Gospel singing,” said Sandra Wofford, secretary for Una Fun Fest. “It was hot Saturday, but there was plenty of shade and our booths […]
Tag Archives | Una
UNA – It started with a discussion at a family reunion about a way to make something good happen in Una and quickly grew into a community event that everyone enjoys. The Eighth Annual Una Fun Fest will be held June 6-7 at the community park and pavilion in Una and the public is being […]
The engagement of Ms. Michelle (Shelley) Faye Moss of Houlka and Mrs. Charles William (Bill) Bean of Una is being announced. She is the daughter of Michael and Sarah Moss of Houlka and he is the son of Willie and Patti Jo Bean of Una. The bride-elect is a load planning specialist at Franklin Corporation […]
WEST POINT – Rowena “Cooter” Doss Davidson, 88, died Saturday, March 8, 2014, at her home in the Brand community. She was born Dec. 6, 1925, to George Butler Doss and Cinderella Parker Doss. She was a member of Union Baptist Church in Brand. She had a passion for people. Services will be at 1 […]
PRAIRIE – Mary E. Smitherman Smith, 89, passed away on Friday, June 7, 2013, at her home in the Una community of Prairie. She was born April 22, 1924, in Monroe County to Bertie Barnes and Grady Smitherman. She had worked at TIL Garment Factory in Aberdeen, retiring in 1981. During World War II she […]
UNA – It was a simple idea – to renovate the old,unused baseball field in Una to be used by children, youth and community members as a fellowship area. As good ideas go, this one has grown to include the installation of a walking track, community building and an annual festival to celebrate community spirit. […]
ABERDEEN – Charles Ervin Poss, 74, died Friday, May 24, 2013, at his residence. He was born April 17, 1939, in Una in Clay County, to Walter Howard Poss and Raine Barnes Poss. He had lived in Aberdeen for the past 56 years. He loved the outdoors and enjoyed fishing, gardening, listening to gospel music, […]
UNA – A.C. Hatchett, 89, died Thursday, May 16, 2013 at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. Funeral services are at 11 a.m. Wednesday at Union Baptist M.B. Church. Burial will follow in the Union Baptist Church Cemetery. Visitation iss from 4 to 6 p.m. Tuesday at Carter Funeral Home, who is handling all arrangements. […]
WEST POINT – Robert E. “Bob” Valentine, 73, died Tuesday, March 12, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in West Point. He was born April 30, 1939, to Elton Lee and Hazel Kendrick Valentine. He married Bobbie Crosswhite Valentine on Jan. 13, 1967. He was retired from a career as an insurance salesman, where he […]
- Winter lingers in Chickasaw County February 27, 2015
- Another winter storm may await March 3, 2015
- Mitchell Adair named Hinds 2014 graduate March 3, 2015
- Habitat seeks potential homeowners March 4, 2015
- Bats go cold in Bulldogs’ first loss March 4, 2015
- Okolona state tournament game moved to Monday March 6, 2015
- Houston names projects March 6, 2015
- Snow! And lots of it March 5, 2015
- On to Jackson March 5, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: The snowstorm of 2015 March 5, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...