I enjoy visiting with you like this. In this day and age of immediate electronic media and 24-hour news it’s still neat to sit down at a keyboard and talk with the people who read the Chickasaw Journal. I’ve always felt radio yaks, television blares and the internet will carry you many places you don’t […]
Tag Archives | TV
The boys will be home this weekend. My two oldest will make the trek home from college Friday night. Sara has been planning for their arrival for more than a month. Special foods have been bought, the house has been decorated, Christmas gifts are ready and she has lined up a “schedule of events” to […]
The community is being invited to Joe Brigance Park tonight to watch the Mississippi State Bulldog baseball team play in the College World Series in Omaha, Neb. A big-screen TV will be set up in the park courtesy of Shane and Kristy Booth and Puddle Jumpers. “This is Houston at it’s best,” said Houston Mayor […]
RANDOLPH – Max Colby Staten, 75, died Monday, March 11, 2013, in Pontotoc. He was born Jan. 20, 1938, in Counce, Tenn., to Cleophas and Elzie Parker Staten. He was a member of West Heights Baptist Church and a Mason. He graduated from Pontotoc High School in 1955 and attended Mississippi State University. He served […]
- Welcome home! November 22, 2015
- Topper season finale November 26, 2015
- Houlka races past Hilltoppers November 26, 2015
- Okolona test scores improve November 27, 2015
- Chieftains roll over the Panthers November 27, 2015
- WARZELLE GILLESPIE: Thankful for so many, so much November 29, 2015
- MARTY WISEMAN: Where are we in politics? November 29, 2015
- Three Rivers, CDF, LINK honored November 28, 2015
- WEEK 15: High School Football Scores November 28, 2015
- MSU’s Jones was destined for the spotlight November 28, 2015
- Harvey Birdman, Esq.: You're going to rely on 90's era litigation in o...
- Firebug2006: "What will be law here, is an impossibly, deliber...
- Harvey Birdman, Esq.: The petition suggests a phase-in period, but the p...
- Nancy Young: Thank you for your lifelong support of public educ...
- DENICE ANNA CONEY: Just what I was looking for. That helped me a lot....