By Hank Wiesner Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOULKA – Houlka’s four aldermen met met earlier this month on the same night an election was under way to determine the board’s fifth member. The Houlka Board of Aldermen started the new year awaiting the swearing-in of the new alderman later this month, and has […]
Tag Archives | Tutor
By Hank Wiesner Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOULKA – The Houlka Board of Aldermen heard a request to make the town tobacco-free, and renewed a contract with the town’s recordkeeper BBI, during aldermen’s meeting Tuesday, Dec. 1. The board was approached by Stephanie Collier, who is the Chickasaw County […]
By Hank Wiesner Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOULKA – Four candidates are running in a special election set Tuesday, Dec. 15 to choose a successor to long-time Alderman David Wiggs, 86, who died last October. According to town records, those seeking the office include: • Bonnie Burgess Brown, 69, a […]
By Hank Wiesner Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOULKA — The New Houlka Board of Aldermen looked over changes to the city’s water system and pondered how the state’s new policy for inmate labor will affect the city at a half-hour meeting at 6 p.m. Tuesday Aug. 4 at the Town Hall. The Houlka […]
PONTOTOC – Clara “C.J.” Huey, 70, passed away Monday, June 2, 2014. She was a member of Lee Memorial Baptist Church. She owned Trail Dust and Fairway Restaurants.Service will be at 11 a.m. Thursday June 5, at Tutor Memorial Funeral Home in Pontotoc. Bro. Gary Pettit will be officiating. Burial will be in Cruse Cemetery. […]
BRUCE – Linda Gail Cooper, 62, died on Sunday, May 25, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. Born Friday, Aug. 10, 1951, in Bruce, she was the daughter of the late Claxton “”Tunny”” Collums and the late Marjorie Easley Collums Chrestman. She was the wife of Robert “Bob” Cooper. She was a graduate […]
George Tutor HOULKA – George Ellix Tutor, 73, died Monday, April 14, 2014, at his home. He was born May 19, 1940, in Calhoun County to Bobby Tutor and Audie Kincade Tutor. He was disabled and a member of Church of the Lord Jesus Christ in Vardaman. He was a loving brother and uncle. […]
OKOLONA – Ople Katherine O’Barr Henry, 69, died Friday, April 4th, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center Hospice Unit following an extended illness. She was born Aug. 17, 1944, to Jessie O’Barr and Annie Kate O’Barr. She worked at Walmart on West Main in Tupelo for 10 plus years and was a homemaker, enjoying arts […]
EVANSVILLE, Ind. – Avaleigh Claire Tutor, infant daughter of Ashlee N. Bales and Bramlitt Lee Tutor, passed away Monday, March 24, 2014, at The Women’s Hospital in Newburgh, Ind. She was preceded in death by her grandparents, Arthur White, James Bales, Lewis Crowley; and great-grandparents, Charlotte White and Frank White. In addition to her parents, […]
STARKVILLE – “I’m so proud to be a part of the Houlka cheerleaders,” said sponsor Lauren Tutor. Tutor has plenty to be proud of as her varsity and JV squad attended Universal Cheer Association camp in Starkville in June and racked up on awards. The varsity squad took top honors as Sideline Champs, Extreme Routine […]
- Commission meets, offers concerns on consolidation May 23, 2016
- Hebron clinches MAIS championship May 26, 2016
- Vardaman packs gym for graduation May 27, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The best we can produce May 27, 2016
- BIRTH: John Wyatt Parker May 28, 2016
- Moore signs with Miss. Delta CC May 30, 2016
- Houlka presents summer programs May 30, 2016
- CARA CHISOLM: There is a reason for Memorial Day May 29, 2016
- Houston Solar Car honored by Legislature May 29, 2016
- NANCY LOOME: Flat appropriations hurt schools May 28, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...