HOUSTON – “B, bat, buh, C, cat, cuh,” were the sounds coming from the children’s reading room at the Houston Carnegie Lilbrary recently. Tekela Spraggins was leading the youngsters through sounding out the alphabet during the opening of the EARS program at the facility. Spraggins was joined by several other teachers, active and retired, who […]
Tag Archives | Tumblin
HOUSTON – Isabella “T” Orr McIntosh, 94, died Wednesday, July 24, 2013, at her residence. She was born March 29, 1919, to Dan and Mary Ida Roseburgh Orr in Prairie. She was a homemaker and lifelong resident of Houston. Services will be at 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 30, at Pleasant Plain M.B. Church with Rev. […]
- Flywheel Festival set for Sept. 26-27 August 26, 2014
- This is the way we roll! August 29, 2014
- Volunteer and make a difference August 29, 2014
- Lady Tigers accept ALS challenge. August 30, 2014
- THOMPSON: Paying at the pump August 30, 2014
- CUNNINGHAM: Common Core linked to federal dollars September 1, 2014
- Hands of Hope September 1, 2014
- BRASSFIELD: Thank you Chickasaw County! August 31, 2014
- ALLEN: First day at new job August 31, 2014
- Jori Abi Boston August 31, 2014
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...