He stepped onto the board of the most important industry in our community Monday night and he will be partially responsible for the fashioning and development of the most important product in this town for years to come. Hugh Pettit took his seat on the Houston School Board this week and will be directly involved […]
Tag Archives | Trustee
HOUSTON – Chickasaw County voters chose Kelly Luther as their next Circuit Court Judge and Hugh Pettit as their next Houston School Board Trustee in last week’s November runoff election. Luther garnered 1,214 votes to Shirley C. Byers’ 830 ballots in Chickasaw County for the post of Circuit Court Judge District 3, Place 2 that […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – Voters will head to the polls the first Tuesday in November to elect their Senator, Representative, judges and school board trustees. All ballots will have voting for federal posts of U.S. Senator and U.S. Representative, Mississippi Court of Appeals, Chancery Judge and Circuit Court Judge in addition to school board positions in […]
HOUSTON – The Houston school board voted last week to reject a bill from an attorney hired by the district to help fix a leaking roof in and who was later dismissed. Trustees rejected the bill from lawyer Bill Murphree and Superintendent Dr. Steve Coker said the decision was made on the grounds the attorney […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – It was a year full of news at the Tanglefoot Trail opened and voters went to the polls to elect city officers. More than 10 years or planning, preparation and construction culminated this fall with the opening of the Tanglefoot Trail that stretches 44-miles from Houston to New Albany. The Trail – […]
He steps onto the board of the most important industry in our community next week and he will be partially responsible for the fashioning and development of the most important product of this town for years to come. Thomas Howell will take a seat on the Houston School Board July 8 and will be directly […]
HOUSTON – Thomas Howell, a Houston High School graduate and battalion Executive Officer in the Mississippi Army National Guard, is the newest Houston School Board Trustee. The vote by the Houston Board of Alderman last week to appoint Howell to the city school post was 3-2 and not without controversy and lengthy discussion. The motion […]
HOUSTON – The Houston Board of Alderman has tabled a vote on naming a new Houston School District Trustee after a split 2-2 vote last week. Dist. 2 Alderman Shenia Jones nominated Joe Orr for the trustee seat and was seconded by Dist. 4 Alderman Willie Mae McKinney. Dist. 1 Alderman Tony Uhiren and Dist. […]
HOUSTON – Trustees approved an invoice of $21,629.18 to NewPath Strategy Consultants at a special called meeting Friday morning. The payment of the claim was the sole action item on the agenda, but the school board did conduct a “walk-through” of all district buildings and grounds after the meeting adjourned. The board had sought NewPath’s […]
- DANIEL GARDNER: Love and Hate July 22, 2015
- All weather walkers July 26, 2015
- Area students earn ICC scholarships July 26, 2015
- Houlka trustees Ok demolition, infrastructure details July 27, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: It’s time to consider your choices July 27, 2015
- Houlka’s Hobson on rise July 29, 2015
- Area residents graduate ICC program July 28, 2015
- Area trio earns ICC scholarships July 28, 2015
- Fusion Furniture expanding in Ecru July 28, 2015
- Unusually high absentee voting activity reported July 28, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...