CHICKASAW COUNTY – Voters will head to the polls the first Tuesday in November to elect their Senator, Representative, judges and school board trustees. All ballots will have voting for federal posts of U.S. Senator and U.S. Representative, Mississippi Court of Appeals, Chancery Judge and Circuit Court Judge in addition to school board positions in […]
Tag Archives | Trustee
HOUSTON – The Houston school board voted last week to reject a bill from an attorney hired by the district to help fix a leaking roof in and who was later dismissed. Trustees rejected the bill from lawyer Bill Murphree and Superintendent Dr. Steve Coker said the decision was made on the grounds the attorney […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – It was a year full of news at the Tanglefoot Trail opened and voters went to the polls to elect city officers. More than 10 years or planning, preparation and construction culminated this fall with the opening of the Tanglefoot Trail that stretches 44-miles from Houston to New Albany. The Trail – […]
He steps onto the board of the most important industry in our community next week and he will be partially responsible for the fashioning and development of the most important product of this town for years to come. Thomas Howell will take a seat on the Houston School Board July 8 and will be directly […]
HOUSTON – Thomas Howell, a Houston High School graduate and battalion Executive Officer in the Mississippi Army National Guard, is the newest Houston School Board Trustee. The vote by the Houston Board of Alderman last week to appoint Howell to the city school post was 3-2 and not without controversy and lengthy discussion. The motion […]
HOUSTON – The Houston Board of Alderman has tabled a vote on naming a new Houston School District Trustee after a split 2-2 vote last week. Dist. 2 Alderman Shenia Jones nominated Joe Orr for the trustee seat and was seconded by Dist. 4 Alderman Willie Mae McKinney. Dist. 1 Alderman Tony Uhiren and Dist. […]
HOUSTON – Trustees approved an invoice of $21,629.18 to NewPath Strategy Consultants at a special called meeting Friday morning. The payment of the claim was the sole action item on the agenda, but the school board did conduct a “walk-through” of all district buildings and grounds after the meeting adjourned. The board had sought NewPath’s […]
- Houston investigates racial slur October 24, 2014
- McClain earns Sonic’s Hall of Fame award October 28, 2014
- DAR: Patriotism, God and country October 28, 2014
- Sweater drive underway October 29, 2014
- Number 1 October 29, 2014
- Sweet Potato Festival set for Saturday October 31, 2014
- Wildcats fall to Biggersville October 30, 2014
- Houston eyes playoffs October 30, 2014
- FLOYD INGRAM: Houston isn’t a bad place to live October 30, 2014
- Trustees, Senator, judges on ballot October 30, 2014
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...