OKOLONA – Charles Wayne Lambert, 66, died at his residence east of Okolona on Friday, June 20, 2014. He was born in Calhoun County on July 6, 1947, to Robert Lambert and Inez Lambert. A lifelong resident of the Okolona area, he began his working career at Delta Trousers and retired as a truck driver […]
Tag Archives | truck driver
CALHOUN CITY — Jonathon Edward West, 43, died Thursday, April 10, 2014, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi in Oxford. He was born April 9, 1971, in Oxford to Larry West and Prentice Ann Easley West. He was a truck driver for Hardin Brothers and a member of Vardaman First Baptist Church. Survivors include his wife, […]
CALHOUN CITY – Billy Thomas Roach, 61, died Thursday, April 10, 2014, at his home. He was born Sept. 23, 1952, in Carroll County to Bill Roach and Bert Rimmer Roach. He was a truck driver and farmer for Topashaw Farms. He was a member of Pittsboro Pentecostal Church and a member of the National […]
WOODLAND – Bobby R. Dobbins, 73, died Thursday, March 20, 2014, at his home in Woodland. He was born Sept. 29, 1940, in House, Miss., to Woodrow Wilson Dobbins and Audrey Mae Wilkerson Dobbins. He was a retired 35- year professional truck driver for Miller Transport. He and his wife, Jewell, celebrate their 54th wedding […]
WEST POINT – Barnhart Crane & Rigging will move a boiler along a designated route from West Point to the Tennessee State line on Saturday, the Mississippi Department of Transportation reports. The route will include U.S. Highway 45A and U.S. Highway 45 and is one of several massive boilers that have been moved from is […]
HOUSTON – Lloyd Edward Weaver, 69, died Monday, Jan. 27, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center. He was born Feb. 22, 1944, in Chickasaw County to Jessie Lloyd Weaver and Mary Alice Howell Weaver. He was a retired truck driver and a member of Pleasant Ridge Baptist Church. Services will be at 2 p.m. today, […]
HOUSTON – Curtis Eugene “”Quick Draw”” McGraw, 69, died Friday, Nov. 29, 2013, in Coffeeville. He was born March 2, 1944, in Houston to Walter McGraw and Annie Boyce Hall McGraw. He was a truck driver for 25 years for Franklin Corp. in Houston, and a member of OOIDA. He enjoyed hunting and fishing and […]
HOUSTON – Jimmy Ray “”Joker”” Wright, 57, died Sunday, Nov. 17, 2013, at his home. He was born Aug. 7, 1956, in Calhoun County. He lived most of his life in Chickasaw County. He was a disabled truck driver and a member of Thorn Church of God. Services will be at 10 a.m. today, Nov. […]
SHERMAN – Robert Parker, 64, died Thursday Oct. 24, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He was a retired truck driver. He enjoyed fishing and watching NASCAR. Services will be at 1 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 26, at New Liberty Baptist Church in Vardaman with Bro. Jimmy Vance officiating. Burial will be in […]
HOUSTON – Virginia Joann Higginbotham Howell, 65, died Sunday, July 7, 2013, at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo. She was born Oct. 27, 1947, in Chickasaw County to John D. Higginbotham and Murtice Woodall Higginbotham. She was a retired truck driver. She attended Macedonia Methodist Church in Houston. Services will be 11 a.m. Tuesday, July […]
REGAN, Tenn. – Willie Lee Owens, 73, died Sunday, May 19, 2013, at his home. He was born Oct. 21, 1939, in Calhoun County to Lee Ander and Rosa Talent Owens. He was a retired businessman, truck driver and cattle dealer. He also enjoyed training, riding and showing walking horses. He was a member of […]
- 2014 Okolona Homecoming Court September 14, 2014
- Lady Hilltoppers pounds Calhoun City September 18, 2014
- Okolona falls hard, 25-24 September 18, 2014
- City ignores AG opinion on clerk post September 19, 2014
- BETTY ATKINSON: Honoring the U.S. Constitution September 19, 2014
- Pontotoc liquor vote tied with five ballots out September 20, 2014
- Mississippi aims to apply for federal preschool grant September 20, 2014
- MSMS to host info meeting in Oxford September 20, 2014
- BILLY MCCORD: As I see it September 20, 2014
- WEEK 5: High school football scores September 20, 2014
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...