HOUSTON – Grass roots community efforts are hard to sustain, but Project Noel has been a mainstay in Houston during the Christmas season for almost 30 years. Children are “adopted” by clubs, churches, businesses and individuals who help provide clothing and gifts for Christmas and food boxes are dispensed to the elderly and those who […]
Tag Archives | Trisha Finn
The Salvation Army Kettle campaign kicks off in Houston Nov. 25 at Grocer’s Pride and Nov. 29 at Walmart 411. Volunteers are needed to ring the bells for two-hour shifts at both local stores to help the less fortunate. Funds raised during the Kettle Campaign help the Salvation Army provide assistance to local residents throughout […]
- City Clerk resumes reviewed August 18, 2014
- Picnic in the Park! August 17, 2014
- A winner never quits! August 17, 2014
- Vardaman’s McClain earns national honor August 17, 2014
- Travel pay more about selfishness than finances August 17, 2014
- Pugh earns WBC scholarship August 20, 2014
- Color For A Cause seeks runners August 20, 2014
- Sweet potato field day planned for Aug. 20 August 19, 2014
- Aldermen discuss street worker pay August 19, 2014
- CDF lands Carl Small Town Center help August 19, 2014
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...
- Michael Mcalpin: So glad to have this service back locally....
- Pat Burgess: Congratulations to Jim for the award and for all t...