Hundreds of our young men and women from Houston, Okolona and Houlka graduated from high school this week. They lined up in their caps and gown and strolled across the floor or field to pick up their high school diploma as their full name was called over the public address system. While parents and grandparents […]
Tag Archives | Trees
HOUSTON – Those who plant trees believe in the future of Houston, Okolona and Chickasaw County and they braved 18-degree temperatures recently to get their trees. The Chickasaw County Soil and Water Conservation District gave away more than 1,500 seedlings in eight different varieties at its annual Tree Planting event Feb. 19 at the Extension […]
JACKSON (AP) – The National Weather Service has issued a tornado watch for central and south Mississippi until 6 p.m. Severe thunderstorm watches were also issued during the day as the severe weather moved through the state. Golf ball-sized hail fell in Enterprise, along with some pea-sized hail in the Bude area. There were also […]
HOUSTON – Those who plant trees believe in the future of Houston, Okolona and Chickasaw County. The Chickasaw County Soil and Water Conservation District gave away more than 1,600 seedlings in eight different varieties at its annual tree planting event Feb. 20 at the Extension offices on Lee Horn Drive. “Arbor Day is actually April […]
As part of the annual Tree Planting Week event, the Chickasaw County Soil and Water Conservation Disrict will be giving away seedlings to the public Feb. 13. Persimmon, black walnut, redbud, river birch,cypress, sawtooth oak, white flowering dogwood and loblolly pine seedlings will be available at the Houston office on Lee Horn Drive beginning at […]
The Chickasaw County Soil and Water Conservation District will be celebrating “Tree Planting Week” with seedlings free to the public Friday, February 8. Seedlings available are persimmon, black walnut, redbud, river birch, cypress, sawtooth oak, white flowering dogwood and loblolly pine. The tree give away begins February 8 at 8 a.m. at the USDA Center […]
- DANIEL GARDNER: The “Good News” in Russia July 25, 2015
- Suspicious mailers sent before Primary Election July 29, 2015
- Victoria Wofford awarded Yates Scholarship July 29, 2015
- Quality Iron announces expansion in Houston July 30, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Who deserves your vote? July 30, 2015
- Wake up America, move forward August 1, 2015
- NCAA charges Southern Miss, Tyndall August 1, 2015
- Houlka aldermen updated on water, sewer issues July 31, 2015
- Man arrested following assault with knife July 31, 2015
- Two charged in Calhoun County death July 31, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...