HOUSTON – Those who plant trees believe in the future of Houston, Okolona and Chickasaw County. The Chickasaw County Soil and Water Conservation District gave away more than 1,600 seedlings in eight different varieties at its annual tree planting event Feb. 20 at the Extension offices on Lee Horn Drive. “Arbor Day is actually April […]
Tag Archives | Trees
As part of the annual Tree Planting Week event, the Chickasaw County Soil and Water Conservation Disrict will be giving away seedlings to the public Feb. 13. Persimmon, black walnut, redbud, river birch,cypress, sawtooth oak, white flowering dogwood and loblolly pine seedlings will be available at the Houston office on Lee Horn Drive beginning at […]
The Chickasaw County Soil and Water Conservation District will be celebrating “Tree Planting Week” with seedlings free to the public Friday, February 8. Seedlings available are persimmon, black walnut, redbud, river birch, cypress, sawtooth oak, white flowering dogwood and loblolly pine. The tree give away begins February 8 at 8 a.m. at the USDA Center […]
- 2014 Okolona Homecoming Court September 14, 2014
- Lady Hilltoppers pounds Calhoun City September 18, 2014
- Okolona falls hard, 25-24 September 18, 2014
- City ignores AG opinion on clerk post September 19, 2014
- BETTY ATKINSON: Honoring the U.S. Constitution September 19, 2014
- Pontotoc liquor vote tied with five ballots out September 20, 2014
- Mississippi aims to apply for federal preschool grant September 20, 2014
- MSMS to host info meeting in Oxford September 20, 2014
- BILLY MCCORD: As I see it September 20, 2014
- WEEK 5: High school football scores September 20, 2014
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...