HOUSTON – Those who plant trees believe in the future of Houston, Okolona and Chickasaw County. The Chickasaw County Soil and Water Conservation District gave away more than 1,600 seedlings in eight different varieties at its annual tree planting event Feb. 20 at the Extension offices on Lee Horn Drive. “Arbor Day is actually April […]
Tag Archives | Trees
As part of the annual Tree Planting Week event, the Chickasaw County Soil and Water Conservation Disrict will be giving away seedlings to the public Feb. 13. Persimmon, black walnut, redbud, river birch,cypress, sawtooth oak, white flowering dogwood and loblolly pine seedlings will be available at the Houston office on Lee Horn Drive beginning at […]
The Chickasaw County Soil and Water Conservation District will be celebrating “Tree Planting Week” with seedlings free to the public Friday, February 8. Seedlings available are persimmon, black walnut, redbud, river birch, cypress, sawtooth oak, white flowering dogwood and loblolly pine. The tree give away begins February 8 at 8 a.m. at the USDA Center […]
- Flywheel Festival set for Sept. 26-27 August 26, 2014
- This is the way we roll! August 29, 2014
- Volunteer and make a difference August 29, 2014
- Lady Tigers accept ALS challenge. August 30, 2014
- THOMPSON: Paying at the pump August 30, 2014
- Houston’s Scott receives NSHSS honor September 2, 2014
- CUNNINGHAM: Common Core linked to federal dollars September 1, 2014
- Hands of Hope September 1, 2014
- BRASSFIELD: Thank you Chickasaw County! August 31, 2014
- ALLEN: First day at new job August 31, 2014
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...