Special to the Chickasaw Journal JACKSON — The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ) awarded Chickasaw County a solid waste assistance grant of $11,717 that will be used by the county for clean up of illegal dumping sites. “The Solid Waste Assistance Grants support a variety of useful solid waste management activities for cities and counties, and this […]
Tag Archives | Trebloc
CHICKASAW COUNTY – A man and a child were hurt in a one-vehicle accident that saw a car run off the road, flip and then catch fire. The Chickasaw County Sheriff’s Department was called to County Road 406 in Trebloc last week with the driver airlifted to North Mississippi Medical Center and an 8-year-old male […]
TUPELO – Maxine Linn Murphree, 89, a Houston native, passed away early Sunday morning, Nov. 3, 2013, at AvonLea Assisted Living & Retirement Community in Tupelo. Maxine was born March 6, 1924, the oldest daughter of Emma Boyce and W.J. “”Willie Jim”” Linn and the granddaughter of Nannie Virginia Westbrook and Finus Harris Linn. Maxine […]
TUPELO – Ruth Louise Colbert McCollum, 75, died Friday, Oct. 25, 2013 at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was born March 29, 1938 to R. A. Colbert and Lesbya Davis Colbert in Trebloc. She was a graduate of Houston High School. She retired as hotel manager at Holliday Terrace. She loved her pets […]
TREBLOC – Paul R. Baskin, 97, died Saturday, June 22, 2013, at Care Center of Aberdeen. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Belle Memorial Funeral Home.
ABERDEEN – Betty Jean Jones-Henderson, 60, died Saturday, June 8, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was a member of Charity F.G. Church in Aberdeen. Services will be at 1 p.m. Saturday, June 22, at Charity F.G. Church in Aberdeen. Pastor Bennie Coleman will officiate. Burial will be in Oddfellows Rest Cemetery […]
UNA – It was a simple idea – to renovate the old,unused baseball field in Una to be used by children, youth and community members as a fellowship area. As good ideas go, this one has grown to include the installation of a walking track, community building and an annual festival to celebrate community spirit. […]
From Staff Reports PONTOTOC COUNTY – Three Chickasaw County young men were hurt in a one-vehicle accident Tuesday night on a rural road just inside Pontotoc County. Pontotoc County Sheriff Leo Mask said the Chevrolet pickup truck the three were riding in was northbound on Wallfield Road near Gershorn Church when the driver apparently […]
- Summer details handled by Okolona trustees July 28, 2015
- County elections are Tuesday, Aug. 4 July 31, 2015
- Two charged in Calhoun County death July 31, 2015
- Man arrested following assault with knife July 31, 2015
- Houlka aldermen updated on water, sewer issues July 31, 2015
- Back to School Calendar! August 3, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: A hot political summer August 3, 2015
- School immunization required August 2, 2015
- 2015-16 Back to School Supply lists for Houlka, Houston, Okolona August 2, 2015
- PERS retirees must stay vigilant August 2, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...