This is the time of year when we take a look back at 2015 and at the same time look forward to 2016. It’s a bittersweet time of year for me. There have been weddings and funerals, cars bought and trucks crashed, profits and losses, good times and sad times. I try not to dwell […]
Tag Archives | Trace Regional
Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – A man is in jail and another man was in critical condition in a Tupelo hospital following a stabbing at a home north of Houston Thursday night. Billy Brownlee, of Chickasaw County, was arrested for the alleged assault of Bruce Beaty, also of Chickasaw County, after […]
HOUSTON – It was not quite as simple as putting up new signs and constructing a new waiting room, but those were the most visible changes when Trace Regional Hospital closed its emergency room and opened its clinic last week. The hospital went from offering emergency room services to rural clinical services at 9 a.m. […]
It was a simple maintenance change on the outside, but it represented a complex change in healthcare in this community. Trace Regional Hospital changed the signage on its campus Monday directing people not to an emergency room but to a rural clinic. Trace, after months of planning and public discussion, formally closed its emergency room […]
Trace Regional Hospital in Houston closed their emergency room at 9 a.m. sharp Monday and it is too early to tell the full ramifications of that move. But we do know this: Ambulance service in Chickasaw County has now become a very critical issue. With no emergency room in this county from 9 p.m. to […]
We have had several people call this paper and one person even stop in ask if the Chickasaw Journal is going to do and editorial on Trace Regional Hospital closing its emergency room later this fall. Each has said it is wrong for Trace to do this and it must be stopped. This newspaper says […]
HOUSTON – The discovery of an abandoned child in Houston Friday night has prompted felony child abuse charges against a local woman. Cora Lynn Watkins, 25, of Houston, has been charged with abandonment of a child under the age of six and felony abuse of a child. Police were waiting Monday for Watkins to be […]
CALHOUN CITY – Mary Laura Pruett Williams, 85, died Tuesday, Sept. 17, 2013, at Trace Regional Hospital in Houston. She was born Nov. 1, 1927, in Slate Springs to Elmer Pruett and Evie Russell Pruett. She was a homemaker and a Baptist. Survivors include her husband, Arthur Curtis Williams of Calhoun City; one daughter, Jean […]
- Fuller Center cyclist pedal through Houston. April 23, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- A perfect festival April 28, 2016
- Lady Toppers tripped by Lady Wolverines April 28, 2016
- Rams fall short on Senior Night April 28, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- NFL DRAFT: Tunsil falls to Miami in coach pay scandal, Jones misses 1st Round April 29, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...