Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – A man is in jail and another man was in critical condition in a Tupelo hospital following a stabbing at a home north of Houston Thursday night. Billy Brownlee, of Chickasaw County, was arrested for the alleged assault of Bruce Beaty, also of Chickasaw County, after […]
Tag Archives | Trace Regional
HOUSTON – It was not quite as simple as putting up new signs and constructing a new waiting room, but those were the most visible changes when Trace Regional Hospital closed its emergency room and opened its clinic last week. The hospital went from offering emergency room services to rural clinical services at 9 a.m. […]
It was a simple maintenance change on the outside, but it represented a complex change in healthcare in this community. Trace Regional Hospital changed the signage on its campus Monday directing people not to an emergency room but to a rural clinic. Trace, after months of planning and public discussion, formally closed its emergency room […]
Trace Regional Hospital in Houston closed their emergency room at 9 a.m. sharp Monday and it is too early to tell the full ramifications of that move. But we do know this: Ambulance service in Chickasaw County has now become a very critical issue. With no emergency room in this county from 9 p.m. to […]
We have had several people call this paper and one person even stop in ask if the Chickasaw Journal is going to do and editorial on Trace Regional Hospital closing its emergency room later this fall. Each has said it is wrong for Trace to do this and it must be stopped. This newspaper says […]
HOUSTON – The discovery of an abandoned child in Houston Friday night has prompted felony child abuse charges against a local woman. Cora Lynn Watkins, 25, of Houston, has been charged with abandonment of a child under the age of six and felony abuse of a child. Police were waiting Monday for Watkins to be […]
CALHOUN CITY – Mary Laura Pruett Williams, 85, died Tuesday, Sept. 17, 2013, at Trace Regional Hospital in Houston. She was born Nov. 1, 1927, in Slate Springs to Elmer Pruett and Evie Russell Pruett. She was a homemaker and a Baptist. Survivors include her husband, Arthur Curtis Williams of Calhoun City; one daughter, Jean […]
- Houlka trustees Ok demolition, infrastructure details July 27, 2015
- Ole Miss begins season No. 15 in coaches poll July 30, 2015
- County elections are Tuesday, Aug. 4 July 31, 2015
- Two charged in Calhoun County death July 31, 2015
- Man arrested following assault with knife July 31, 2015
- Back to School Calendar! August 3, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: A hot political summer August 3, 2015
- School immunization required August 2, 2015
- 2015-16 Back to School Supply lists for Houlka, Houston, Okolona August 2, 2015
- PERS retirees must stay vigilant August 2, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...