HOUSTON – City leaders chose their next top administrator and bookkeeper at a special called meeting of the Houston Board of Aldermen June 11. Janie Dendy was named the new Houston City Clerk and will replace Bobby Sanderson who is slated to retire later this month. A native of Algoma, Dendy has lived in Houston […]
Tag Archives | Tony Uhiren
HOUSTON – Thomas Howell, a Houston High School graduate and battalion Executive Officer in the Mississippi Army National Guard, is the newest Houston School Board Trustee. The vote by the Houston Board of Alderman last week to appoint Howell to the city school post was 3-2 and not without controversy and lengthy discussion. The motion […]
Houston, Houlka, Woodland and Okolona all had spots for mayor and aldermen up for grabs this spring. I have always said the one of the things newspapers do best is cover elections. Getting that cute quote from an elected officials makes my day and often the day of our readers. Putting the numbers in front […]
HOUSTON – Voters put incumbent city leaders back into office as Tony Uhiren and Frank Thomas reclaimed their seats on the Houston Board of Alderman. Neither race was close in the only two contested races in Chickasaw County that pitted Republicans and Democrats in municipal elections June 4. Thomas ran as a Republican for his […]
HOUSTON – Voters have been to the polls three times over the past 28 days as Houston, Okolona, Houlka and Woodland are picking their leaders in municipal elections this spring. Houston residents will head to the polls Tuesday for the last time as they vote in two contested aldermen races. City races in Okolona, Houlka […]
- Battle of Egypt marked and remembered March 22, 2015
- Lady Hilltoppers are rolling March 26, 2015
- Hilltopper tennis squeezes in games March 26, 2015
- Ole Miss rallies for Jones March 26, 2015
- Region’s jobless rate rises March 27, 2015
- First Turkey March 28, 2015
- One dead in crash south of Okolona March 28, 2015
- Yokohama Mississippi nearing completion March 28, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: We’d best pay attention March 28, 2015
- Easter Egg Hunt is noon Saturday March 27, 2015
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...